pig out

deb.c
on 8/19/11 11:07 am
does everyone pig out before its time to start pre-op diet
hi having sleeve on sept 6 band coming out has any one had this?            
acbbrown
on 8/19/11 11:15 am - Granada Hills, CA
Not all of us had to do a pre-op diet :)

Okay I won't brag. My last week before surgery - I enjoyed many of favorite meals - indian food, thai, mexican, pizza. The last solid thing I ate before I went to bed the night before surgery was some ice cream sandwich.

I lost like 7 lbs that week - between exercise, watching my portions and not going overboard, I had some magic weight loss or something. But - the last thing I needed to do for me was know that, without a pre-op diet - I could have a healthy relationship with food, and I think I accomplished that.  

I think I am probably not the norm, as I see most people have their "last supper".

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Ms. Poker Face
on 8/19/11 11:18 am
I was so busy with work and work travel that i didn't have time to think about it.  I did not have a pig out nor did I have a last supper.  And now that I'm 8 weeks out, it makes no difference to me if I did or didn't have a pig out.  

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

iLoveMe
on 8/19/11 11:23 am - MO

I SMASHED so much food before surgery!! I went to all my fav restaurants and ordered all my fav foods! I gained 10 lbs (yikes)..

frannypance
on 8/19/11 12:15 pm
 I was told by my doctor at my visit one month before surgery that I could not gain any weight.  I lost 7 llbs before surgery for fear of him cancelling on me.  Boy am I glad I didn't pig out.

cancelsbronx
on 8/19/11 11:42 am - Stamford, CT
I am guilty of pigging out before my pre op diet.. lol 

Santos:)

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/11 11:47 am
I was on a mission to get healthier before surgery, but I still made some room for some favs that though I wasn't saying "goodbye forever" to- I was saying, "see you sometime in the far future".. I made my fav thin crust pizza, I had oysters (I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get them down as you really don't chew, chew, chew raw oysters!!) I had sushi, a really fab salted bagel w/ cream cheese.. Fish & chips and a Guinness or three.. I didn't pig out, per say- but I worked it all in a few weeks before my pre-op low carb meal plan was in place.. went back for seconds on those oysters during my pre-op though! Too good (yes, I was not on a liquids only diet.)

I lost almost 10lbs before pre-op, and lost another 7 during the lo-carb week. Just remember- none of these foods are on the forever forbidden (unless that is your choice) they are just deferred for a while. It puts things in better perspective. I never mourned any foods.. they'll be there when I want them!

Good luck!

Jan G.
on 8/19/11 11:53 am - WI
I did try to have my "goodbye my friend" foods and a last supper before starting the pre surgery diet of full liquids 5 days and 2 days clear liquids. However, I found out I could NOT really eat that much. Yet I tried. I went out for dinner with a friend and could not eat a Greek chicken dinner combo. Oh I ate the chicken but that was about it. The waitress wondered if there was something wrong with the food..LOL

BUT for those who do not do much of a pre op diet, I wonder how they do afterwards. I was told my pre op diet, esp 2 days of clear liquids was my bowel prep. YOu do NOT want stuff hanging in your bowels in my opinion. When you are under Gen Anes your body is numb/frozen and not moving. It takes a bit to "wake up"..just for comfort sake I wonder why these docs do not have folks do pre op bowel clearing diet.

Enjoy!! You'll REALLY enjoy foods afterwards as you appreciate the anticipation of enjoying "food" again.

I love the smells and do not feel sorry for myself. AND I cannot eat that much so that oh so full feeling stops me from pushing on my cravings.

Best to you my friend, Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

Jessica Houston
on 8/19/11 12:25 pm - Wichita, KS
On August 19, 2011 at 6:53 PM Pacific Time, Jan G. wrote:
I did try to have my "goodbye my friend" foods and a last supper before starting the pre surgery diet of full liquids 5 days and 2 days clear liquids. However, I found out I could NOT really eat that much. Yet I tried. I went out for dinner with a friend and could not eat a Greek chicken dinner combo. Oh I ate the chicken but that was about it. The waitress wondered if there was something wrong with the food..LOL

BUT for those who do not do much of a pre op diet, I wonder how they do afterwards. I was told my pre op diet, esp 2 days of clear liquids was my bowel prep. YOu do NOT want stuff hanging in your bowels in my opinion. When you are under Gen Anes your body is numb/frozen and not moving. It takes a bit to "wake up"..just for comfort sake I wonder why these docs do not have folks do pre op bowel clearing diet.

Enjoy!! You'll REALLY enjoy foods afterwards as you appreciate the anticipation of enjoying "food" again.

I love the smells and do not feel sorry for myself. AND I cannot eat that much so that oh so full feeling stops me from pushing on my cravings.

Best to you my friend, Jan
Actually the need for the liquid & clear diet is to shrink your liver so it is out of the way when they do the surgery. 

Anywho... I actually had a couple of slip ups during my 3 week liquid preop diet!  But no "last meal."
HW: 245lbs SW:232lbs; CW: 206.2lbs;  GW:125lbs  Height 5ft 2in 

Jan G.
on 8/19/11 2:19 pm - WI
Yes I am aware that its for shrinking the liver, but my surgeon's office told me it also serves as the bowel prep.

Thanks, Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

Most Active