Stomach question Newly sleeved

Staceygirl212
on 8/20/11 11:40 pm - NY

I have a large stomach to begin with. I was sleeved on 8/16 home yesterday feling good with a little muscle fatigue and lack of energy.  one spot of my stomach sticks out like a small hill under the skin when I lay flat. Thee is no drastic pain only a bit of enderness when I pressed it a bit to see what it was. The dr. said a hernia will stick out like an egg and be painful. He also told me to watch for fever. I don't have any just this bigger spot. It is near the Largest incision. i think it's to low to be my tummy. Anyone recognize this. I will call the DR. if it becomes weirder or painful

intothehaze
on 8/20/11 11:51 pm
 I was sleeved on the 15th and noticed one "spot" like this, but mine was very small. I'm not sure if was a gas bubble or what, but it is no longer there (or I was crazy on meds). If you don't have any pain, I would give it a day or so and see how it does. 

Congrats by the way!

VGS Date: 8/15/11    
Age: 34 | Ht: 5' 11" | HW: 380 | Pre-op: 363 | SW: 300 | CW: 199.3 | GW: 190 
Kristina M.
on 8/20/11 11:59 pm - LA
I don't think it is anything to worry about.  I had my surgery on August 11, 2011,  and experienced the same thing.  I saw my dr again on  the 17th and I showed it to him.  He said that it was the incision where he took my stomack out and that it was swollen from the surgery.  :)
Kristina Miller         
BriarRose
on 8/21/11 12:05 am
Most likely it is where they put in the largest tools,and where they took out the stomach. If it gets red or you run a fever, or becomes really tender to the touch, I would call your doc. Otherwise you could wait until Monday and call their advice nurse, would be my thought. But if it is freaking you out, call anyway -- that's why dr's get paid the big bucks....to be on call....
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Jan G.
on 8/21/11 12:15 am - WI
Congrats and welcome to the losers bench!!!

I had an umbilical hernia repair where I was told he also took the old tummy out. Yes there is a ridge and I realize its swollen so look gross right now. All my other incisions are teeny and healed over.

When I had my tubal ligation done it looked horrible too and thought the surgeon did a sloppy job...only.. to learn it was just swollen.. and now hardly can notice it.

Good luck and continued good healing~ Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

1london
on 8/21/11 1:13 am
Hi Stacey, I had the same thing and it was the incision where the stomach was taken from, so I really believe there is nothing to worry about.  My Dr. said as it heals it will even out and it has improved a lot in 3 weeks.
That being said, call your Dr. if that will give you the reassurance to feel at ease.
Wishing you the best!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views