Strange question

skinnymeforever
on 8/22/11 3:42 am - AZ
So.....how do you stop losing weight?  I'm eight pounds from goal and although the weight loss has slowed, I'm still losing.  I'm eating small meals often and not really watching carb intake except that I just don't like sweets and carbs so much anymore.  I eat fruit and nuts though. I don't think there is anyway I could eat more food in a day than I do right now.  Anyway, with only eight pounds to go, I figured I better get on here and find out if any of the seasoned members had this issue?  I already have skin looking pretty bad on my arms and tummy. I don't want to be too skinny AND have these hanging skin issues :)  Oh yah, I don't really do alot of exercise right now. It got way too hot to go on my walks and can't afford equipment for the house or a gym membership. 

I welcome any suggestions.

Mini.me
on 8/22/11 3:45 am
I worried the same thing as I was approaching goal.  In fact, I moved my goal down (from 135 to 125).  It seems to be a good weight for my height and frame.

But, when you get to the "right spot" for your body, the weightloss does stop.  Magic maybe?

Revision from Sleeve to DS (with re-Sleeve) on 10/10/17. Slow and steady ...

skinnymeforever
on 8/22/11 3:52 am - AZ
Minime - you and I are the same height but I'm guessing not the same age.  I'm 55 and was told to set my goal at 145.  Also, I am medium boned.  I did, however, weigh 125 when i was in my 20s, which is a good weight for when I was younger. I'm really afraid to weigh that little at my age. I'm afraid it will make me look frail and older, quite frankly. 

Okay - I'll just sit back and see if the magic happens and I stop losing.

Thanks.  I knew there would be someone else that had faced this worry.

Mini.me
on 8/22/11 4:00 am
I'm 42 ... The last time I weighed this, I was a senior in high school and I was able to maintain it for about 2 seconds.  In reality, I weighed this in about 6th grade when I should have been lighter.

It seems small, but I don't feel tiny.  I don't look tiny either - just a good proportion for my height and build.  I do wish I had the money to remove the excess skin on my middle and lower tummy - savings are in the works.

Good luck to you!

Revision from Sleeve to DS (with re-Sleeve) on 10/10/17. Slow and steady ...

SassyItalian
on 8/22/11 3:49 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
to stop losing you can add in healthy fats such as olive oil, healthy oil, higher fat and calorie things like avocados, also nuts are packed with healthy fats and they are higher calorie.

you might want to think about knowing what your maintainence caloric intake is, what you are actually taking in, and then supplement it using those higher fat and calorie items and maybe add in a meal to get to the calorie amount you need to maintain your weight..

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

faylavi
on 8/22/11 4:05 am - Laurel, MD
As a slow loser, one word comes to mind... LUCKY!

I am gleening ideas on how to continue losing (by doing the opposite of the suggestions), so thank you!

Fay

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Julie6
on 8/22/11 4:17 am
On August 22, 2011 at 11:05 AM Pacific Time, faylavi wrote:
As a slow loser, one word comes to mind... LUCKY!

I am gleening ideas on how to continue losing (by doing the opposite of the suggestions), so thank you!

Fay
I'm with youFay.  I can't imagine having to worrly about losing too much.  While I've lost 68 lbs I still have 15 to go and can't budge from this weight.
Julie Sadek