9 days until I'm sleeved!

fypcdqt
on 8/22/11 11:58 am - Cumming, GA
I am so excited and nervous all at the same time.  I go between forgetting I'm about to embark on a life changing journey, and wondering what this body looks like under all this weight!

I go for my last pre-op appointment Thursday then I'm hopping up on the table on the 31st!!!  It still feels surreal.  I have read all the threads on what to bring/not to bring to the hospital, what to expect after surgery, but I still feel like it's going to be a big surprise when it's all said and done.

I guess I should finish pulling my documents together (living will, medical power of attorney, etc.) to be prepared, and then I think it's time to put together my recovery play list so I can drown out some hospital noise during recovery.  I remember sitting with my brother after he had his elbow reconstructed...I could hardly rest, and I'm not sure he got much rest until we got him home.

Any secret tips or helpful hints that haven't been shared yet?  I am so psyched that I'd check in tomorrow morning if I could!  (not that I haven't had a few "what the heck am I doing???" moments).

Sorry for the rambling.  It's all this excited nervous energy, I think.

Off to try to get some rest!

Ireneru
on 8/22/11 12:26 pm - FL
Thats my date also!!Good luck!! !to both of us:)
VickyBT
on 8/22/11 12:38 pm - MI
You'll be fine!
Having my sleeve done on August 30th.
I'll be thinking about you!
Prayer and well wishes to all the sleeve newbies.
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
 Willing is not enough; we must do.? ~Johann von Goethe

VSG Aug. 30, 2011 HW 266 SW 249 GW 166 lbs.

Most Active