Anyone stall early?.. Like at 1.5 weeks? Also losing weight everywhere but my tummy?

3sweetpeas
on 8/26/11 1:40 am - Tehachapi, CA
I see stalls.. Or 'pauses' usually around 3-4 weeks out.. Which I was totally expected and totally fine with, it's just part of the journey. Well, I have been stalled since 1 week and 2 days out. Scale has not moved for 7 days now. I'm shocked that this happened so early out and this doesn't seem to be 'normal'. Actually in searching I couldn't find anything about anyone stalling so early out.

Obviously being only 16 days out I'm not eating bad carbs and such. I drink all day, as much as I can. Right now I'm at 55-60oz of WATER a day. And about 50ish grams of protein. My food daily is usually 2-3 TBS of refried beans and an ounce of melted cheddar mixed in, or a little over 1/4c of low fat creamed soup. Yesterday I nibbled on soft mozzarella and that was 2oz. I stopped doing puddings and jello because I'm sick of the taste of them and they feel like 'dessert' to me, and I don't want to go that route...

I'm trying to not let this bother me, as I KNOW I am losing inches and that stalls happen. But not even two weeks out? I was hoping for an awesome drop in weight the first month to get me started.

On a side note.. I'm at 220 and haven't seen that number in a few years! Whoot!

Oh, yeah.. I'm losing weight really weird too. My boobs, butt and thighs are shrinking away.. My pants look awful on me now, lol.. BUT, I can't move down a size yet because they are still fitting around my belly just fine. I need this gut to melt away dang it! LOL... Anyone else seem to lose weight Like that? Or should I expect to be doomed with this huge gut for awhile?...
Tamara
Highest BMI & Weight during VSG journey -- 44.5 / 259
Current BMI & Weight -- 37.8 / 220

blakereimert
on 8/26/11 1:45 am - TX
You may still have some abd swelling this early out. Also I stalled fairly early and I freaked.... I had major complications from my surgery (not normal) and almost died, so to go through all that and not lose, I thought I would lose my mind, so I understand how you are feeling. But patience is key. This early out you are not doing anything "wrong". This is just your body adjusting to the shock and trauma it has been through.
Relax, breath, keep doing what you are doing... Everything is okay:)
Blake

USAF Wife
on 8/26/11 1:46 am
The true definition of a stall is no weight loss or loss of inches for 14-21 days. There's plenty of others that didn't lose anything the first week to 10 days, and they just have to allow their body to recover.

Not to sound abrasive, but your body is saying "WTF have you done to me?" Let it heal, and recover, just keeping pushing fluids.

It's pretty common for us girlies to lose weight in that exact pattern. My stomach was the last to go. My arms, boobs, butt, thighs and calves were rail thin and I had a little "pouch" of a belly for months. It shrank away as well.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

3sweetpeas
on 8/26/11 1:52 am - Tehachapi, CA
Oh, Im sure my body is having a "WTF, give me a cheeseburger, *****" moment... But I just excepted it to do that around 3-4 weeks out, lol.
Tamara

USAF Wife
on 8/26/11 1:56 am
It's more of "hey WTF happened to a huge portion of a healthy organ, what's this anesthesia and pain meds pumping through my liver, and all these damn hormones overwhelming my little body and brain?"

It's not so much the cheeseburgers, it's the chemical imbalances and crazy surge of purging out all the bad that is stored in our fat cells along with everything they pumped in ya before, during and right before ya got home.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

3sweetpeas
on 8/26/11 2:11 am - Tehachapi, CA
Oh, I know... The cheeseburger thing was a joke. I wasn't really eating cheeseburgers before surgery anyways as I was in all those insurance classes losing weight and changing my lifestyle. My body has been cheeseburger free for awhile, lol. Yes, I'm sure missing 85% of my stomach and having surgical tools and such shoved in my body doesn't help anything. I just haven't seen 'pauses' in weightloss this early out and was making sure I wasn't a freak or something... LOL
Tamara

DrHollywood
on 8/26/11 2:00 am - Harbor City, CA
On August 26, 2011 at 8:52 AM Pacific Time, 3sweetpeas wrote:
Oh, Im sure my body is having a "WTF, give me a cheeseburger, *****" moment... But I just excepted it to do that around 3-4 weeks out, lol.
Hilarious!  I have to remember "WTF"  give me a cheeseburger, "*****" moment!

Hang in there sweetie, Your body will catch up.  Just focus on your water and protein.
I promise it will move again.

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

Jenni Z.
on 8/26/11 1:51 am - CA
Yes, this is common. Everyone is different! One of the biggest things that I have had to learn and still have to relearn is patience! Just be patient and it will come off!
Be good to yourself!
Jenni
  5 9' Surgery/Start Weight: 341 CW: 276 Goal: 181 Dream Goal: 165

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/11 1:51 am - Orange County, CA
I had my surgery on July 29th. I stalled at 2 weeks for about a week. Since then I have been steadily losing. I was getting on the scale every day and came to the realization that it was messing with my head. I know I am trying my hardest to not get on more than twice a week. Hang in there :)
3sweetpeas
on 8/26/11 1:54 am - Tehachapi, CA
I was good about not weighing myself at first.. Until I had my 1 week post-op checkup. Since then I began weighing daily. And just this morning I put the scale in my husbands car to stay away from it, lol!
Tamara

Most Active