It must be half-way day!!

No More Spanx
on 8/27/11 1:44 am - Rock Island, IL
For I too am at the half-way mark.  Only 55 more pounds to go WOHOO!  My weight loss progress so far:

Pre-Op Loss: 12lbs
Month 1 Post-Op: 25lbs
Month 2 Post-Op: 14lbs
Month 3 (So Far): 4lbs

The easy things about the sleeve for me?
I am one of the fortunate ones with no hunger.  I had to extend my mushy phase an additional week and a half because eating was just not feeling good, and it made a huge difference once I WAS able to actually eat solids.   I can eat all proteins steak, chicken, seafood, fresh fish (never more than 2 oz tho).  I can eat a little lettuce and I love roasted peppers with anything.  Really, eating feels like a chore to me.  I have a schedule and my phone notifies me when I should eat.  While I eat, I set my phone timer for 30 minutes and NEVER eat more past that.  Additionally, I never eat more than 1/2 cup or 2 oz dense protein.  I measure it that way.  I eat 2 meals a day with dense protein and supplement with 2 shakes for protein.

The hard things about the sleeve for me?
Going out to eat.  I have told no one of my surgery.  Folks notice when I can only eat a few bites and end up taking most of it home.  They also notice the significant weight loss.  I can imagine that there is some talk.  Recovery wasn't exactly hard, however, my energy has taken awhile to come back.  Once I started incorporating beef in my diet, I have noticed that I have a lot more energy.  Of course, it could just mean that I am getting better PLUS my body is probably loving me for being 55lbs lighter. 

Thank you again to everyone here who have helped me!! 

Ann
HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

rdd9348
on 8/27/11 2:02 am - OR

Congratulations!  Feels good, doesn't it? 

I was there earlier this month myself. 

Keep up the good work!
Highest-285, Start WLS Program-267, Surgery-245, Current-196, Goal-148 
                                   Short Term Goal - Under 185 by 10/15/11           
Mom4Jazz
on 8/27/11 2:03 am
Woohoo! Way to go!

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

mawmawpenny
on 8/27/11 4:20 am - LA
Congratulations!!! You are doing wonderful. You have a plan and you're sticking to it. Way to go. Continued success to you.

Penny

Most Active