no weight loss in 8 days.. 3rd week

lilliana0997
on 9/6/11 2:54 am
I am getting really frustrated with not losing any more weight.  I have lost 26 lbs since my 10 pre op diet but haven't lost anything this week.  I am only taking in about 36 to 40 oz of liquids. and I am eating mt protein. and not alot of carbs.  I ate a nickel size piece of chocolate this week. and also had a low carb dr adkins chocolate bar one day. but don't feel that it should have hindered my weight loss.  Help!!!
Smardeepants
on 9/6/11 3:01 am
First of all, don't panic. Sounds like you're in a stall... do a search for "3 week stall" and you'll find hundreds of threads on the subject.

Sounds like you really need to increase your fluids... most surgeons say 64oz a day.

I would STAY AWAY from chocolate and low-carb bars. Are you eating solids? I was till on mushies at 3 weeks. Stick with your surgeons plan, your stomach is still healing, and you don't want any unecessary pressure/stress in this area (you aren't out of the woods for leaks yet!) 

Also, as far as introducing carbs/treats/cheat foods/bars, etc... it's way too early for those. You had surgery to change your life/habits... this early time (while it can be hard) is where you're learning those foundations and habits. Take advantage of this time to do EXACTLY what your surgeon says. Develop good habits, and maximize the weight loss while it's still early and easy.

Hang in there... sounds like you're going through some carb cravings, best way to beat them is to stop them (carbs) all together.

lilliana0997
on 9/6/11 3:06 am
I am on soft foods this week. dr orders.  I should keep away from red meat until next week but getting tired of chicken and I dont like fish.  Ill try to up my water and thanks for replying so quickly.  Ill also check out 3 week stall
injeneral
on 9/6/11 5:56 am
My "3 week stall" hit at 5 days post-op and lasted 2 weeks, so don't despair! I'm 3 weeks post op now and two days ago I finally broke through the stall and lost almost 2 pounds. The stalls royally suck, but they're normal. Virtually everyone goes through them.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers                        
HT: 5'3"      HW: 240     GW: 130     AGE: 30     PCOSer; diagnosed 2003
Month 1:  -21.2 (218.8)   Month 2: -10 (208.8)   Month 3: -10.6 (198.2)   Month 4: -8.6 (189.6)
First goal (to be under 200): Nov. 11; 199.2
Second goal: weigh less than my husband (174):

I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable, beautiful and afraid of nothing as though I had wings. — Mary Oliver

sianabob
on 9/6/11 3:04 am
I hit the three week mark then stalled for 3 weeks..

I do agree with the above poster, to early for the extra goodies.

lilliana0997
on 9/6/11 3:08 am
I guess i am craving the carbs since i havent had any in over a month... will check out the stall

LabMomma
on 9/6/11 3:15 am
VSG on 09/27/10 with
When was your surgery?? That has a huge impact on answers & your results!! You might consider adding that information to your signature or profile. It will help those that reply on many future questions.    

lilliana0997
on 9/6/11 3:28 am
I had surgery on 08-18-11
ati27
on 9/6/11 11:12 am - NY
If you have a sweet tooth and want chocolate just go for some sf/ff pudding or jello and try having chocolate protein shakes with ice and skim milk. It will cut the sweet tooth. I had my sleeve on 8-17 and i am down 15 lbs total. i stalled for 1 week at 2 weeks. Up your fluids. i got this advice yesterday, i did it, and i lost 1.5 lbs..good luck!

mythreechildren2001
on 9/6/11 11:35 am
My 3rd week stall lasted 3 full weeks too.  It was frustrating and irritating.  Hang in there!!

50 y/o female 5'6" HW 283 current 160 goal 150

Most Active