Gallstones? SERIOUSLY? tmi warning

Marriott L.
on 9/6/11 6:58 am - San Diego, CA
This is one of those..wish I had known beforehand. Granted..as I mentioned in an earlier post...the reason they FOUND my gallstones and liver issues was bc I stupidly ate rice and ended up in the ER. So I am nervous as heck..my husband says my eyes are getting more yellow...I have MASSIVE bruising going on on both legs..intense pain when I eat certain foods...nothing solid coming out...and I am fighting headaches left and right. The pain on my right side is fleeting...it comes and goes..but when it hurts..it sends me to my knees!

I know its the gallstones..I know my gallbladder will probably have to come out! But the ER doc clued me in that losing weight causes stones to form. NO CLUE about that one. I guess I'm not one of the lucky ones who HAVE gallstones with NO symptoms.

I'm just really freaking nervous about seeing my surgeon tomorrow. What is he gonna say.."Gear up for surgery Mar..that gallbladder is coming out?" Not music to my ears after just have my VSG done in January.

Word of encouragment definitely needed and very much appreciated!

Surgery Date: Jan 26th, 2011           Sleever for Life! HA

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/11 7:19 am
Sorry to hear about it, but glad they found it when they did.. it's going to have to come out. If it's causing your liver enzymes to go to hell, prob quickly.. you don't want your pancreas getting angry too. Another surgery yes, but at least you won't have those surprise attacks, and you will eventually be able to tolerate foods again without the problems you have now too. Make sure you get good meds :)

emelar
on 9/6/11 7:24 am - TX
I was in the hospital on antibiotics (described by the nurse as the strongest and most expensive then available) for a week to get the pancreatitis under control so they could DO the gallbladder surgery.  I felt so much better once it was gone and never had any food issues as a result of it being gone.  I know 2 surgeries in a year is a bummer, but it really sounds like it needs to be out.  Hugs to ya!
Carmelita
on 9/6/11 7:38 am, edited 9/5/11 7:43 pm - Four Corners, NM
stacezoe
on 9/6/11 8:42 am
They did a Gallbladder ultrasound on me BEFORE surgery saw stones and me and my surgeon decided to take it out while he was in there, because he said 99% sure it would cause me problems post VSG and I'd be back with exactly the symptoms your presenting. I know it sucks but better to be safe then sorry.

Be well...
 Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
Corina C
on 9/6/11 9:36 am, edited 9/6/11 9:38 am
 Yeah, most of us have to have it removed. I don't know anyone who hasn't.  I think that they should remove it when the surgery happens because it's going to go bad by the rapid change. 

The attacks are pretty painful. You might have been throwing up and not realizing it was not overeating but actually the gallbladder screaming at you. 

I"m glad you are where you need to be to get help.  

Hang in there. After the gallbladder is removed you will feel so much better.  You have probably been in a lot of pain.  Just keep up the good work.  

Hugs to you. Hang in there!! It's going to be okay.  Don't leave the hospital till you feel better.  Sometimes they say it's a day surgery but I had to stay over night.  You want to make sure you get all the antibiotics you can. 

Trust me you want that out because you can die from a gallbladder attack. Not trying to scare you but that's just the way it is.  Get it taken care of and move on. :) 
Hugs Hugs Hugs

CC
Most Active