Anyone had surgery cancelled from gaining weight?

yellomodelchick06
on 9/9/11 8:25 am - Moreno Valley, CA
My surgery is scheduled right around my TOM... I am always about 3 pounds heavier around this time due to bloating. I am hoping it doesnt happen, but I am nervous that my surgery will be cancelled because of that.. Any input?
Arianasmama
on 9/9/11 8:29 am - Beverly Hills, CA

Try to get off maybe 8-10 pounds before your surgery date so the 3 pound water weight gain won't make a difference.  I know for me, Dr. Taller's nurse told me on several occasions (I called often) and it's in the paper work we received that if you gain weight your surgery will be cancelled.  You don't want to go through all of this just to have the surgery cancelled.  Good Luck!

Be Blessed            
Lizzy25
on 9/9/11 8:33 am
Ok well every doctor is different. My surgery weight was supposed to be 162 I think. But I was having the mother of all periods when I went in, and weighed 165.5. Even the nurse commented at how heavily I was bleeding. The doctor didn't blink an eye and didn't even mention it, went ahead with the surgery. Now, I'm sure that if I came in weighing 10lb over we would have had a really unpleasant talk. If you're super worried about it, ask your doc beforehand, let them know. But also, it's a good idea to lose an extra 3lb below your goal weight so you won't have to worry so much. Another suggestion: if you're not already, eat super low carb. Carbs make your body store water, whenever I go low-carb I lose 4-5lb over the first week. So cut out all the carbs (but not the fat! Or you'll feel like ****). 
"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." -Bertrand Russell
5'9 HW: 297 GW: 160 CW: 161
carabarnes
on 9/9/11 8:34 am
IDK about 3 lbs but I do have a friend that their surgery was cancelled from gaining weight. I think it was like 10-13 lbs.

Cara 
current weight 123
I'm 28 and 5'5.

yellomodelchick06
on 9/9/11 8:46 am - Moreno Valley, CA
I think that i will start a strict low carb diet. I cant have my surgery cancelled at all,
Most Active