SHOULD I BE INSULTED???

StepN2ANewLife
on 9/16/11 1:57 am - AR
I'm a junior high school teacher. When I arrived at work this morning, the Boys Head Basketball Coach stopped me to converse. During our conversation, he made the comment, "Ms. W. you look like you've lost some weight." I said, "I have! "....he goes on to say..."how much have you lost? About 20 pounds?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? DUDE, I'VE LOST 78 pounds to date, and to you it looks as if I've only lost 20 pounds????? You're either BLIND or SLOW AS HELL!! LOL. It really didn't offend me though....it was actually quite comical! Just thought I'd make someone else's day like that comment made mine!! I guess I could be happy that he noticed that I've lost some weight PERIOD!! LOL

*Never Let a Dark Past, Cloud a Bright Future*

http://free2bme4eternity.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel: XxFemTationxX
sleeverinKC
on 9/16/11 2:03 am
honestly sometimes i think its just men, no offense to the men out that that really do understand!  i know that my husband asked me the other day if i weighed what i did when we got married, umm hello i weighed 135 lbs on the day of our wedding, i'm 197 now... killed me!  but it didn't offend me either, it was kind of sweet the way he went about it...
My Journey to a HEALTHY Mom, Wife, Sister, Daughter, and Friend!!   

Jerilynk75
on 9/16/11 2:07 am, edited 9/16/11 2:07 am - TX

I am laughing - because I understand!! I think I am in the 'be glad he noticed' camp!
Heck, my boyfriend has been right by my side through my surgery - - and he finally looked at me about a week post-op and said, 'What's up with your face?'

I was confused, and asked, "What do you mean?"

"It's, like...thinner."

**crickets**

Really, babe? I just had 60% of my stomach removed (and had dropped about 20lbs since the pre-op diet)...and his response was 'What's up with your face?"

I can laugh now - but I was ready to beat him over the head that day! (Yay for mood swings!)

I'm nowhere NEAR your level of loss (and CONGRATS on that awesome number!) but I sure do hope to be there someday soon!

GiGi W.
on 9/16/11 2:29 am
I just snorted my coffee at "Whats up with your face?"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerilynk75
on 9/16/11 2:37 am - TX
Yeah, I love the boy - - but sometimes his social skills are lacking!  I can't complain, though.  He's been attentive, caring, loving and supportive through all of this -- and I haven't been the easiest patient to get along with!
faylavi
on 9/16/11 2:58 am - Laurel, MD
 my head is "shrinking"

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Jennifer_160
on 9/16/11 3:43 am, edited 9/16/11 3:45 am
Jerilynk I assume (Jeri) :)
You just made my day! I swear! These posts have me LMBO! We have all been there..but "what's up with your face"? Guys are so sensitive...it really is a guy thing! I almost peed!

Surgery date: 10/18/2011

Jerilynk75
on 9/16/11 7:26 am, edited 9/15/11 7:27 pm - TX
You assumed right - I do go by Jeri.

Yeah, I adore him - - I think I am going to start keeping a journal of all the well-meaning, yet somewhat insulting stuff that comes out of his mouth - - so I can share it with you guys!

For example - I am a clotheshorse. I worked retail all through college - which instilled in me an addiction to clothing and shoes. I have two walk-in closets FILLED with clothes, ranging from size 12 to size 20 (my range since I moved to Dallas in 2004).

So, needless to say, even though I have dropped 35lbs so far, I will still be able to outfit myself for the next 40lbs or so.

I was trying on some items I haven't been able to wear in a couple of years - and he would comment, "Hey, I haven't seen that before" or "Looks good, did you just buy that?" (Dear, sweet boy - - I have dated him for 3 years - - he has seen it..but doesn't remember!)

I explained, "Honey, I have owned all of this for YEARS - - I'm shopping in my own closet for now!"

"I guess that's good," he replied. "As long as there isn't a cash register in there!"

Just for that, this girl is going to Macy's tonight.

AllaP
on 9/16/11 2:09 am - Vaughan, Canada
 For smb with normal weight 20 lbs it's a lot. So take it as a complement.lol
StepN2ANewLife
on 9/16/11 2:14 am - AR
LOL...funny you said that....his response was, "20 pounds is really good, and you can notice it when someone lose at least 20."...lol....he's VERY athletic and he's very strict about food choices!! LOL So, I understand! It was just funny that here I am...on Cloud 9.....and he says 20!! LOL

*Never Let a Dark Past, Cloud a Bright Future*

http://free2bme4eternity.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel: XxFemTationxX
Most Active