One month out sleevers what are you eating?

CindyLyn
on 9/18/11 8:36 am - Evadale, TX

I am still pureeing my foods but have taken a few bits of solid food.  What are you eating.  My doctor says I can start trying very small bites of chicken or tuna, I'm scared to death of a leak.  Just wondering... Thanks for your replies.

Revision from Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve.  August 16, 2011

stacezoe
on 9/18/11 8:40 am
I'm a week behind you and I've been having chicken, not much but some...I've been getting a rottieserie chicken cutting the breast meat off and simmering it till it falls apart in vodka sauce (just a little) I cook it forever then I mix it with a little Ricotta...YUM. That and scrambled egs and soups have been my staples...

Last night I made Tilapia for my family and I ate about a 1/4 of a piece of that(maybe 6 bites) it felt so good to chew!!! and my sleeve did not complain...Was suposed to move on this tuesday so I did go 3 days early but it was a great protein and a healthy choice and all went well. I took it slow one bite at a time feeling it out. Tonight I have some chicken in cream of mushroom soup in the crock pot...The family will eat it over rice, but I'll just take my little piece and eat it by itself very slowly, but it has cooked up nice and soft so I don't envision any issues...

Good Luck! Feels good to start to add some solid protein!

Now if only the F'n scale would move (working on a 17 day stall right now...grrrrrrr! BUt my clotes are definitely fitting WAY better, so hopfully any day now I'll see a good loss, I did finally lose .6 this morning! LOL I'll take it!
 Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
Laurie M.
on 9/18/11 8:58 am - KS
chicken,tuna in very tiny amounts. Mostly soups,protein drinks,yogurt. My sleeve is very picky and used to have a cast iron stomach so it can be a bit frustrating!

AnastasiaBeaverhausn
on 9/18/11 9:17 am
I am a bit over 5 weeks out so my dr. said we can start introducing a new food each day. I had a tough time with soft foods. I found that if I had some tuna one day, I couldn't stand it the second day. Same with chicken salad. Actually, same with everything.

I did make some crab wonton wraps that I found a recipe for on bariatriceating.com. I could eat about 3 with a little soy sauce. Those I could eat the next day. I ate cottage cheese and I made Eggface's Ricotta Bake. I made grocery lists when I found a recipe I thought I would like but then never could remember what recipe it was for.

The one thing I loved was tuna sashimi. Hubs and I are big into sushi and the tuna was so packed with protein and so good!
HW - 275  SW- 226  GW-150  

momsy55
on 9/18/11 10:27 am - ME
It will be 4 weeks tomorrow that I had surgery.  For supper tonight I had a concoction that I made last night - sort of a lasagna without the pasta.  I mixed and baked ricotta, eggs, a little Italian cheese blend and some homemade tomato sauce that had just a little bit of lean ground beef in it.  I had about 1/4 cup of that mix, 1 T of cooked green beans and 1 T of cooked chopped apple with cinnamon.  I am eating mainly egg salad, chicken salad, lf string cheese, and lean ground beef.  The first week the NUT said to just have the protein, and then add the veggies and fruit after that.   I seem to be tolerating these foods fairly well, though if I have too much tomato sauce on the protein, my tummy rebels.  Also, I have to really listen to my stomach, as if I have one bite too many, it lets me know.  In about 2 weeks, I go to a regular diet, though I will be adding things, especially raw fruits and veggies, very slowly to make sure I can tolerate them.

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

mleena
on 9/18/11 11:48 am
 My doc has me on liquids only for about a month so I am just now starting pureed foods.  I am not allowed any veg or fruit yet.  I have had the ricotta bake, peanut butter, scrambled eggs, and some tuna salad - tuna with light mayo.
HW:  329  Pre-Op: 310  SW:  282  (8/22/11)  CW:  258

intothehaze
on 9/18/11 12:37 pm
 I'm one day ahead of you and for the most part, I'm living on protein shakes and yogurt. Of course, I've been doing this since around March 22nd so it's kinda my routine now. I have had very small amounts of chicken and fish, however, I'm not able to get hardly anything down. 

Just go slow, try a little at a time and wait to see how you feel before you eat more (it takes a bit to feel it, and eat too much and it's very uncomfortable). Just follow your Dr's plan and you will rock it!

VGS Date: 8/15/11    
Age: 34 | Ht: 5' 11" | HW: 380 | Pre-op: 363 | SW: 300 | CW: 199.3 | GW: 190 
windyacres
on 9/18/11 3:05 pm - Garner, NC
 I started on soft foods a week ago.  Tomorrow I am on soft and regular foods.  I have been able to eat half a scrambled egg, tuna with light mayo, a little chicken, I have been making instant sugar free pudding with Unjury unflavored protein.  Some slices of soft cheese.  

I'm not scared of causing a leak as long as I don't stuff myself, chew really well and follow my doctor's rules.

Edie
Approved 8-1-11, Surgery 8-22-11  SW 231, Goal 140, CW 165

Christij908
on 9/18/11 11:38 pm
I'm 2 months out and I still can't process heavy meats. I eat alot of tuna and Salmon.  I still puree my foods.  Amazingly I can eat a boiled egg but scrambled eggs get stuck.  I still have my shake for breakfast and lunch is usually a ground turkey burger.    I don't think i am getting enough protein, but i am slowly building it up. 
Most Active