Sharp pain...

Mrsk2011
on 9/18/11 9:44 pm
I have this sharp pain right under/within my largest incision area it only hurts when i bend or press on it? Has anyone experienced this..im a litte hesitant to go to the doctor because my insurance ended on my birthday( sept 9th i turned 26)..
mojomom
on 9/18/11 10:55 pm
How long ago were you sleeved?  I wouldn't take any risks.  If you're having pain, you could be brewing an infection.  Is there any swelling or redness there?  Lots of people find this incision is more troublesome than the others.  Do you have any friends that are nurses?  You could ask their opinion before you spend the $$ on a doctor's visit, but please, please don't put off taking care of yourself properly.    Good luck to you. 

Mojomom

Mrsk2011
on 9/18/11 11:15 pm
no redness or swelling..no friends that are nurses..i go in for my 4 week post op appt on friday which is included in my surgery price..do u think i could wait until then?
injeneral
on 9/19/11 2:04 am
My surgeon's office includes office visits and phone calls for 90 days post-op (no charge; it's included as part of the surgery). Maybe call your surgeon and see if they have something similar going on. But if the pain just came on suddenly and you're concerned, I'd call. Leaks or infections aren't anything to mess around with.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers                        
HT: 5'3"      HW: 240     GW: 130     AGE: 30     PCOSer; diagnosed 2003
Month 1:  -21.2 (218.8)   Month 2: -10 (208.8)   Month 3: -10.6 (198.2)   Month 4: -8.6 (189.6)
First goal (to be under 200): Nov. 11; 199.2
Second goal: weigh less than my husband (174):

I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable, beautiful and afraid of nothing as though I had wings. — Mary Oliver

Birdie55
on 9/19/11 12:15 am
Just call your doctor and ask if it is something to worry about or if it can wait until your appointment.  I had lots of different pains after surgery...none worried me enough to call.  The largest incision was very sore for longer than a month...   It doesn't hurt to call and ask.  

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

jbpayne
on 9/19/11 2:16 am
I amgoing in for my sleeve tomorrow.  Those of you that have had this procedure please tell me, do you think I can be back to my office by Thursday if I do mostly sitting on Thursday and Friday?
vbwms1967
on 9/19/11 2:43 am - VA
My surgery was four weeks ago and week 3 was my first week back to work. I too thought I'd be able to get back in just a few days. Don't do it! While you may feel up to it, you will be not only physically tired, but your body will still be in a state of healing, which means do not push yourself. Give your body time to heal and adjust to very little food!

Mrsk2011
on 9/19/11 2:34 am
Thanks everyone i clld and they said it can wait they r gonna call me in some stronger pain meds ive only taken tylenol otc since surgery.. JBPAYNE everyone is different but two days later i think is too fast im unemployed but if i was employed i would have atleast taken two weeks..hope ur surgery goes well..

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/11 3:41 am - TX
to JBPayne...if by Thursday, you mean THIS Thursday, I would go ahead and tell your boss that you will be back next week at your earliest, for sure.  I know each person is different, but I have not read ANYWHERE that someone has this surgery and is back in 2 days.  Desk job or not..you need to be safer than sorry, and it is a major surgery.  You  need rest.
marydairy
on 9/19/11 4:19 am - MI
I had a sharp pain at about 3 weeks out.  I bent down to pick something up off the floor and suddenly felt like someone had stabbed me.  I called my doctors office, they didn't seem too concerned as people often have them and they go away.  They told me to wait a day or two and if it persisted call them back.  The pain was awful when I moved for at least 24 hours, then it stopped.  I had a feeling that I had pulled something when I bent down.  My doctor had told me that in addition to the staples, he does some internal stitching to make it stronger.  My largest incision also didn't heal up as fast as the others.  Thats the one where they took out the stomach they had cut off.  I noticed that the wound would weep and if I pressed it more clear/to bloody liquid would come out.  At no time did it look infected.  Then a couple weeks after all this happened, I saw something coming from my wound, at first I thought what the heck is coming from the wound, got my tweezers and pulled it and it was a little stitch with a knot.  Just proved my theory that I had indeed pulled something.  I will show it to my doctor, I don't think it was serious as he had put a bunch of disolable stitches in there and one would not undo all the staples.  After that stitch came out the wound healed shut and is doing beautifully.  I felt great after my surgury, I am 6 weeks out now, never felt tired and life just went on normally.   My biggest issue now is getting the exercise I need to have.  I have lost about 25 lbs.
Mary Jane
Most Active