Surgery in 2 weeks! Any suggestions???

Fkirby98
on 9/19/11 1:22 am - milton, WV
Hey guys! I'm 2 weeks before surgery an super nervous! An excited any suggestions on things to start doing to prep myself? I also have to do 2 day pre op liquid diet

soready2011
on 9/19/11 1:36 am
Two weeks for me as well. Oct. 3rd. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am and I should be sleeved by 10:30am.

dicastro1010
on 9/19/11 1:37 am - Escondido, CA
Congratulations! I just had surgery last Wednesday!

I would say just start incorporating shakes in the mornings at least to make sure you like them. I experimented with a LOT of them and ate them for breakfast and lunch. Sometimes I was bad and skipped lunch for real food like salad, which I definitely don't regret because some lettuce with croutons, veggies and ranch sounds so amazing right now.

You'll be fine! I was super nervous too though and it was a breeze. The biggest issues have just been getting out of bed, which is fine now just a few days out, but was harder than I had thought it would be when I first came home. At the hospital it's pretty easy because you can use those lifts to help you get up. Also I was really nauseous right after the surgery but didn't vomit, although a lot of people did who were on the floor with me. They gave me medication for that the rest of the time so I was fine. The hospital I had my surgery at has two floors dedicated to bariatric surgeries, so I was lucky to have a lot of company and people to relate to. 

Another thing I am getting used to is the tiny tiny sips. A baby sip makes me feel so full, and it's frustrating because I am thirsty, and just have to do one tiny sip, after another after waiting. Ha-ha. But hey, I have never been so full so fast in my life so for that I am grateful.
Hi I'm Diana! I'm 5'10 and hoping to get down to 165 :) Feel free to friend me! 

precious_diamond38
on 9/19/11 1:40 am - VA
CONGRATS TO YOU.... I AM TWO WEEKS AWAY FROM SURGERY TOO OCT 5TH AND I HAVE TO DO A 2 WEEK LIQUID DIET LUCK YOU.... I WENT BOUGHT SOMETHINGS OVER THE WEEKEND SOME PROTEIN SHAKES.. VITAIMINS ... THATS IT FOR NOW ...

amanda D.
on 9/19/11 1:49 am - Stayton, OR
i would have to say find a shake you like, make sure it isnt too sweet. i was sleeved on friday and i cant tolerate anything that  remotely tastes sweet (Lotrab included lol)  lemonade crystal lite was my favorite drink, that is no more sadly.

good luck to all of you on your pre op diet

~Amanda

VegasLAbound
on 9/19/11 1:54 am - Cleveland, OH
Have you really lost 25lbs since Friday? Wow!!!!
VegasLAbound
on 9/19/11 1:53 am - Cleveland, OH
Hi I am also having the VSG WLS in two weeks on October 5th. I am so excited. Well I have totally gone low carb and high protein over the last week and 1/2 and I have lost 12 lbs. I am going to do the liquid diet up until surgery hoping to lose 19 of the 319lbs and go into surgery under 300lbs. Most important if you can lose any weight prior to surgery please help yourself and do so!!! My friend was smaller than me pre-op and the surgeon asked for her to do the liquid diet for two weeks. Its so much safer to lose as much as possible so that your surgery risk is low. Stay away from soda and sweets. Drink as much water as possible (Crystal Lite helps) and go for walks when you feel bored or want to eat!!! Please e-mail me if you want to be surgery buddies seeing that our days are so close together!!!
precious_diamond38
on 9/19/11 2:04 am - VA
HEY WE ARE SURGERY SISTERS MINE IS OCT 5TH TOO.... AND I HAVE BEEN CUTTING BACK ON MY SWEATS AND CUTTING BACK ON MEALS SO I CAN GET USE TO NOT EATING ON MY LIQUID DIET .. I START ON WEDNESDAY BUT STILL WAITING ON MY APPROVAL FROM THE INSURANCE ... I WILL ADD U AS A FRIEND ....

Fkirby98
on 9/19/11 2:37 am - milton, WV
Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm so excited! I quit pop 3 weeks ago an I started carnation breakfast no sugar added drinks this a.m an yummy so good!

DonnaCrosland
on 9/19/11 2:49 am - WA
Wow we are all Surgery sisters.  I go on Oct 3rd to get my sleeve.  I had my band out on July 1st - and am so ready!

I started the reduced calorie last week - and move to liquid in 3 days...I tried the new slimfast and it is not too bad.  I make my own protien drinks with EAS protein powder, fruit, some yogurt and alittle cottage cheese for extra protien.,

I don't really have to lose much before surgery - only gained about 40 lbs from goal - but I sure hate having to "diet" the old school way.

Keep in touch ladies...we can compare our progress.  (I will be in Mexico what about you all?)

Donna
Most Active