Surgery in the morning!

southtexas
on 9/19/11 10:55 am
I can't believe it is finally here! Tomorrow morning I will go in to be sleeved. I am so nervous right now. Anyone have any last minute advice on how to deal with the pre-op jitters? Thanks to everyone here at OH. I really don't know if I would have been able to do this without all of you!

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/11 11:01 am
Breath deeply and visualize the end result! Best wishes for tomorrow. It will go great.
southtexas
on 9/19/11 12:05 pm
Thank you. I will try to remember to breathe deeply and focus on the end result.

brandifb
on 9/19/11 11:38 am - Houma, LA
Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery. I will also be sleeved tomorrow. Good luck

southtexas
on 9/19/11 12:06 pm
Congratulations, and best of luck to you too!

kikikiage
on 9/19/11 11:43 am - Allen, TX
 There will come a point tomorrow before the procedure where you will just become calm.  At least it was for me.  Something just clicked and I realized that I had to do this to live and that I could not control what happened for the next couple of hours.

If it helps, you are out very quickly.  They wheel you in, you move to the table, and seriously, that's it.  They really have it down to a science and do this all the time.  You are in good hands, you are strong, and you will be fine!

Keep telling youself of all you are grateful for, all the people that love and support you, and give thanks for a great surgery.  (positive thinking).  And above all, if you are anxious in the pre-op room, tell the nurses, they will be very supportive, comforting and caring.  

And if that doesn't work, just imagine all of us giving you giant warm bear hugs from across the country.  You are going to do great and once you wake up, you will be SO proud that you've done it, and are finally on your way to your dreams!
southtexas
on 9/19/11 12:08 pm
Thank you so much. I appreciate you and your kind words. It helps to have so much support. Thank you again!

Jan G.
on 9/19/11 12:16 pm - WI
Just think tomorrow you will be fast asleep while your surgeon initiates your new journey to health and wellness...and a new YOU!!

So.. pray for your surgeon and the team as they are guided to do their best to help you.

I will be thinking of you.. and waiting on this end to hear how you are doing..use your faith..and give your jitters over to your belief system...

Hugs, my new OH friend, Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

southtexas
on 9/19/11 12:31 pm
Thank you, Jan. You are always so helpful and kind. I am really trying to give my jitters over to the Lord. I messaged my pastor tonight to ask him to please pray for me. I will be praying myself to sleep. I ask that God give me the peace and calm to make it through this.

I will update you as soon as I am able to. 

Thanks for all of your love and support. 

~ Jen  

BethR311
on 9/19/11 12:40 pm - Fort Wayne, IN
Wishing you an uneventful surgery and a speedy and complete recovery! 

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
Most Active