Medicaid - Sleeve

keywest
on 9/20/11 10:32 am
Has anyone in Connecticut got the sleeve and it was covered by Medicaid/Title 19 State Insurance?  I have to get the CPT code for the Sleeve and call the insurance.  My Dr. takes all insurances but worried that the sleeve will not be covered.  I really want the sleeve and not theRNY.  I have waited and researched WLS for 6 years and I am so close.  I am just waiting for my surgery date and found out today during a group session that the sleeve maynot be covered by all insurances.

If I can't get the sleeve, I don't know what direction to go.  I definitely do not want the lap band.  I don't want the RNY because of the anatomy rerouting and vitamin deficiencies.  Any suggestions.
HW: 250      SW: 237      CW: 174   Goal: 125     Height: 5'1    Surgery Date: 10/17/11

francislicious
on 9/21/11 12:09 am
HI:

Well i'm not from Connecticut, I'm from Cape Coral but I had my sleeve done on 8/22 and I was 100% covered by Medicaid (Medipass) w/no problems whatsoever.  I actually had the option of either getting the Gastric Bypass or the Sleeve and after doing my intensive researching I decided to go w/the sleeve.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey:) Any questions let me know !

Take Care:)

HW: 290 CW: 240 1st GW: 200 GW: 180 HT: 5'8"

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views