Sleeved on Tuesday, back at home tonight

southtexas
on 9/21/11 12:05 pm
Well, I made it through the surgery. It was definitely not pleasant. I woke up in the recovery room with such nausea. They gave me as much anti-nausea meds they could till they could not give any more.

Once I got back to my room, I began vomitting blood but, once all that came up I felt so much better. Tonight I am trying to get my fluids in and trying to clear my lungs from the anesthesia.

Someone please tell me that the second day after surgery is the worst. I felt pretty good yesterday but, today has been hell. Oh, and the swallow test is something I never want to do again.

Anyway, I am looking forward to losing soon. I am positive that this will pay off in the long run but, tonight has not been the best.

gapmom
on 9/21/11 12:15 pm - TX
 YOu are going to feel better everyday. The second and third day were very hard for me also due to nausea and just overall soreness.  I hate to say this but walk and sip. I wanted to scream everytime someone told me that but it will help. The nausea should ease up eventually. It is hard to sip anything when you think it is going to come back up. I am on day 8 post op and feel almost normal. Hardest part was clear liquids, the low calories make you really tired. Hang in there. Take your meds and drink and walk.
(deactivated member)
on 9/21/11 12:21 pm
I think the swallow test was the worst. And I had to climb up on the table just 4 hours post. Worst pain ever.

Are you taking pain meds regularly? I was in a lot of pain day 2 and 3. I had to stay in, couldn't get liquids down. I think I had to take my pain meds for a solid week to keep the pain away.

It gets better but don't let pain get out of control, harder to deal with. I just remember on day realizing the pain was gone.

Did they give you patch? I was given 2 patches prior along with IV nausea meds, then more post. patches were 48 hours I think.

It gets better, rest a lot, sip tiny sips and go slow.
roundater
on 9/21/11 12:41 pm - Lincoln, NE
Sorry you are having all the problems. I am confident that things will get better and better for you each day. I found that doing as much physical activity as your body will tolerate is a good way to overcome discomforts. It helped me in my recuperation. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Rich Sonderegger

Jan G.
on 9/21/11 12:49 pm - WI
Sorry you are struggling still..but ITS OVER !!!

Take good care of yourself, ASK for help and continued good healing hon~

Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

MyOwnSunshine
on 9/21/11 2:48 pm
It gets better and better every day -- just keep doing what you're supposed to be doing!
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views