Hoping for December Surgery Review Committee.... always something

obxhatteraslight
on 9/24/11 7:53 am, edited 9/24/11 8:04 am - baldwinsville, NY

There always seems to be some sort of hangup in my plans for getting this surgery done. I did have the failed lap band and decided to get the sleeve. When I saw the dr for the first time(only time) he said he was concerned to do the surgery and wanted my records from the lap band surgeon and to see if there was any scar tissue on my xrays. No scar tissue is evident according to my Xrays. Completed all of my testing minus wearing the Cpap for 8 weeks and losing my 10 percent weight. I have even seen the psych dr twice and am scheduled a 3rd since my family practitioner requested it.

I did call the office to ask questions twice, did not want to call more because it sends red flags. Evidentally calling the office sets red flags to them. The drs will be pulling out of this hospital 1/1 and I would like to have my surgery there since my deductible is met and I do not want another hospital bill, since I am already paying on my lap band bill.

Was told that my case needs to go to the review committee before they can submit it for insurance approval. I am afraid that I have done all this work to be declined. Maybe it is just the way that they do things but it makes me nervous all the same.

I have only seen the dr once. I have my fingers crossed. I am trying to stay positive but it has been a bit disengaging.

Sorry to vent.

Paige V.
on 9/24/11 8:26 am - Gainesville, FL
oh man, getting to the point of actually having surgery is SOOOO frustrating! I whined on here all the time...

what do they mean calling the office sends up red flags?? You are paying them for a service....and you should be entitled to have your questions answered.

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

obxhatteraslight
on 9/24/11 9:22 am - baldwinsville, NY
Anything out of the ORDINARY sets a red flag....

IE excessive phone calls makes them think that you are not ready for change etc....

I called them the other day in regards to my sleep study b/c I know that you have to wear the bipap for 8 wks and wanted to see if I make goal wt if my paperwork could be sent for approval as long as I was compliant w. the bipap.

I really want this done in december and was hoping to get a surgery date in the meantime once I hit goal wt(the 5%)

I dunno.....I hope that I am not asking too much.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views