What does it feel like?

yellomodelchick06
on 9/26/11 1:54 am - Moreno Valley, CA
What does it feel like to eat only a couple bites and ACTUALLY FEEL full??? I just cant seem to wrap my head around this? Do you really physically feel that way?
Kelley D.
on 9/26/11 1:58 am
Oh yeah, you really fill full, like I know I can't take another bite. Early out I didn't listen to my tummy and regreted it. It will come back up if you eat one bite too much. Learn you point then under eat it.

Height: 5'8"  Start weight:316 My goal: 190 Surgeons goal:175. reached my goal... 3years out, had some bounce back time to get back on track!

Valsdetermined2lose
on 9/26/11 2:01 am
Yes, and it feels great to take a few bites and get full (LOL) although you still have to fight with your head that your still hungry. I didnt believe it either and couldnt get it before i had surgery. Its amazing even though since im 8 months out i can eat wayyy more than i use to but its still a few bites or so. Head hunger is still an issue with me and i get reminded of that when i eat too much of something and regret it for the rest of the day. LOL
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

sheluvs2luv
 LOL! It IS weird because it feels so natural to me!  I eat..... I'm full! If you really think about it we have been doing all of our lives. Its the same feeling. Also my serving sizes are so small, I have been making sure I don't over serve myself so I don't feel weird about not finishing most of my food. It's great!  
Faye56
VSG on 07/19/11 with
Yep, it really feels that way. Also, if you take one too many bites it feels like it is stuck in your throat. At first it is hard to believe and I, myself just wanted to have that extra bite or two. You learn quickly to stop when you satisfied ~ not full.

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

dragonflydiva
on 9/26/11 2:07 am
At nearly 10 months out, it is still surreal. I still put too much on my plate but I am much better at listening to my tummy and the whole "cleaning my plate" mentality is long gone. Now, I put what I didn't eat in the fridge and have it for leftovers instead.

Here's the thing... before surgery I only ever got that stuffed and over-full feeling on Thanksgiving or other food days like that. Now, that feeling comes with one bite too many or eating too fast. It's not a nice feeling so I just had to slow way down, remind myself that the food will still be there if I want more later.

I'd love to get a grip on my portion size and being able to plate the right amount of food for me to start with but I'm not there yet.
 It's never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Eliot  

5'10"  Pre-op 315  SW 307  CW 216 SGW 174 MGW 160

yellowbagbg
on 9/26/11 2:11 am - Flint, MI

It gives me mixed feelings at times it feels really great and at other times it makes me mad LoL hey old habits die hard and when I'm eating something really good its so hard to believe that after only a few bytes I'm full so head hunger has gotten me into trouble lots of times and I pay for it feeling stuffed is not a pleasant feeling but sometimes the food just tastes oh so good! Another thing is eating slowly I just told my boyfriend the other day its hard for me to eat with him because he eats so freaking fast which causes me to end up eating faster than what I should and I fill like I have food backed up to my throat sometimes and that is really not a good feeling so start practicing now slow small bytes   I wouldn't trade my sleeve for the world!!!!

Mr-Smith
on 9/26/11 2:46 am - Hillsdale, MI
I'm only about 2 weeks post op but the first thing I noticed is I don't FEEL hungry anymore.

I'm still on the phase II diet (Full Liquids) and those actually go right thru me, I feel empty but not hungry.  Very recently, I had some pureed Bean/veggie soups with a little milk to thin it, those SAT in my stomach like a thanksgiving dinner after about 4 or 5 ozs.  I felt so full, the guilt complex of eating too much kicked in and playing the tape back in my head about what I had eatin that day kicked in.  It was that real of a full feeling.  I'm going to have to unlearn that guilty feeling if I'm actaully satiated.

Karen-Adventure
on 9/26/11 3:09 am
Oh yes you do.  And one more bite with make you very uncomfortable.  My best advice is to eat SLOW!

George B.
on 9/26/11 4:45 am - Miami, FL
You really do feel full and satisfied after a few bites. It's not easy to understand unless you have the VSG.

I was sure I would be hungry all the time after my surgery. Even when friends who had the sleeve told me they lost their appetite and were full with a small portion I could not truly belive it would be this way for me.

Since surgery I have not been hungry. I get full with a small amount and I'm still surprised by this. If I eat a few extra bites I throw up and feel sick. I've learned to listen to my full point.

In a battle between your stomach telling you you're full and your head telling you you can eat a little more, you're better off listening to your stomach.

Good luck,
George

Most Active