I have to go into surgery by myself..SCARED..

yellomodelchick06
on 9/29/11 1:36 am - Moreno Valley, CA
 So I have to go into surgery by myself..My sister was supposed to go with me down to San Diego but my babysitter cancelled on me so now my sister has to stay behind and watch them. I am scared now...I know that I can handle it. But I am a big baby sometimes and I needed someone to hold my hand... Is there any of you that had to do it by yourself?
Calihotgirl
on 9/29/11 1:38 am
It's not that bad but hopefully you can find someone to go along with you it makes it mcuh better. Good luck
A new Life A New Me        
No More Spanx
on 9/29/11 1:41 am - Rock Island, IL
Yes, I flew to San Antonio and crossed the border to Mexico to get my surgery by myself.  My doctor and his staff took excellent care of me and quite frankly I enjoyed not having anyone there.  I was so focused after surgery to get my fluids in (and cranky too) I would have probably offended someone.

Besides, I met a gal that was having surgery by herself as as well and we walked the halls together.  That was nice because she totally understood what I was going through.  Don't worry, your doctor and his staff should take great care of you, be sure to let them know your change of plans and your fears!

Ann
HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

Nicole S.
on 9/29/11 1:47 am - Vallejo, CA
I did it by myself - the only time I saw my family was to pick me up the day of my release.  You will be alright!  The nurses will take care of you and insure you get what you need.  Just take some stuff to read, your phone, and some other stuff to keep you occupied post operatively! 

YOU CAN DO THIS!
~Nicole  
Height 5'1 HW- 320 SW-265 CW- 172.2 GW 140                                

VegasLAbound
on 9/29/11 1:48 am - Cleveland, OH
You still have time so dont give up hope just yet, Maybe someone else can go with you. It'll be fine and stay calm.
(deactivated member)
on 9/29/11 1:59 am
Im doing it on my own too soo hugsIf I was closer I would have said I would have went. Im beign dropped off and picked up but noones staying around. I love 3 hours away from the hospital and didnt want to ask anyone to take off, and also, your going to be glad your alone. I worked in healthcare for ten years and you wont have the energy to play hostess to people and will never be able to sleep....

I hope you have a great surgery and good recovery!!!
jadelet
on 9/29/11 2:09 am
TO be perfectly honest, my husband,  took me and stayed with me and is my dearest and most wonderful support. During pre-op, it was great to have him. Post-op, I wanted him GONE GONE GONE. I just wanted to sleep and focus on dealing with the nausea/pain. If you do get someone to come, make sure its someone who will understand if you kick them out, which is what I did to my husband till it was time to come home ;)

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.?

HW: 280   SW: 277 CW: 196

VTorres
on 9/29/11 2:10 am - CA
I had my surgery in San Diego too.  They are great at Mercy.  The staff is so wonderful.  My Husband was with me but when he would leave the room the nurses were always there when I needed them. They never made me wait for them.  I have nothing to say but postive feed back from the Scripps Staff.  The nurses only have two patients on these floors.  You will get first class service. Best wishes. V.
yellomodelchick06
on 9/29/11 2:11 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Thanks for all the support... The good thing is my sis is going to let me take her laptop with me, so I can at least stay in touch with you guys.. Truth be told my VSG OH Family have been the ones that have truly been there for me anyways!
Calihotgirl
on 9/29/11 2:21 am
Trust after the second day I did not want anymore visitors I wanted to be alone and relax and enjoy being waited on hand and foot. Yes the nurses will take good care of you
A new Life A New Me        
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 46 views