Vacation time but curious

SweetiePea
on 9/30/11 12:18 am - IA
Will be starting my week long vacation this afternoon and thinking about how I'm going to manage to keep myself on track. Of course, we will be very active fly-fishing for salmon...walking through streams and also SHOPPING!! LOL

However..this area has the greatest food ever. Guess I will just make smart choices.

Was curious of anyone out there has either gained or continued to lose weight while on vacation. (?) 
Height - 4'10"

Julie6
on 9/30/11 12:27 am
When we went on vacation this summer I gained 4 lbs.  When I discovered this when I got home I thought "Oh well.  It's vacation."  I immediately forgave myself and got right back on track.  Part of vacationing is eating and I refuse to feel guilty about it.  The key is to let it be temporary and get right back on track.  Just my perspective. 
Julie Sadek    
SweetiePea
on 9/30/11 12:38 am - IA
Hmmm....embrace but don't over induldge.
Thanks for the response!!
Height - 4'10"

summer24
on 9/30/11 4:05 am
During my losing stage, I went away and continued losing. After the first year, and on maintenance(at least trying to maintain, but still losing slightly) I went on a 7 day cruise and lived it up(as much as a VSG'r could) with food, desserts, and wine.  I did hit the gym every day, and when I came back I had not gained at all.  That can give you a false sense of security.  This past summer however, we went on vacation, and I did gain 3 lbs, which I'm trying to work off again. 

Jus****ch yourself and remember your plan, forgive yourself if you indulge, and plan on getting back to basics when you return.  don't let it drag on, is the best advice I can give!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views