gaining weight at 3 weeks post op

slimcin
on 10/1/11 3:02 am - CA
Hi Everyone, I am three weeks post op and did great with my loss on the first two weeks. Now that I am introducting the creamy based soups, yogurt and such... I gained 4 lbs in 2 days(???) So, yesterday I went back to the protein shakes and water and I was down 1.5lbs this AM. I am not sure what to think. I just had my TOM week before last and I even lost during that. Is this normal?I am freaking out a bit and now thinking I have to stay on liquids to loose(???) Thank you
acbbrown
on 10/1/11 3:14 am - Granada Hills, CA
3500 cal = 1 lb fat. Did you eat 14,000 cal? Then don't worry about it.

Soup = A LOT of sodium. Sodium = water retention. Water retention = increase on the scale.

Increase on the scale DOES NOT = weight gain, just simply an increase in water in your body. So, no you did not gain weight at 3 weeks out.

Just relax, worry about healing from major surgery and trauma to your body and stay off the freaking scale.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

slimcin
on 10/1/11 3:52 am - CA
OMG, thank you so much for responding to my post....you have no idea how much I needed to hear that! You have made me very happy and eased my mind. Also, thank you for breaking it down the way you did - this is great info to know right from the begining.
acbbrown
on 10/1/11 4:26 am - Granada Hills, CA
You are very welcome. You will find that keeping detailed logs of your food will help you when you have moments of WTF on the scale. You might go back and look and see you ate a lot of processed, high sodium foods right before a gain. Just another added benefit of tracking

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Paige V.
on 10/1/11 4:46 am - Gainesville, FL
Im only two weeks out, and my weight has went up and down like a seesaw lol..I blame it on sodium, hormones...ect

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

edelu
on 10/1/11 5:01 am - los angeles, CA
The fluctuations in weight after surgery can be extreme because your body has no idea what is happening to it.  Follow your program and it will even out.  You cannot live on clear liquids forever.  In a couple of weeks you'll be on real foods you cannot be afraid of that you have enough to contend with.  You might want to start weighing every 3 days for your peace of mind.
jbskaggs
on 10/1/11 5:19 am - holt, MO
 For your info 1 gallon of water equals about 8 lbs- and the human body under stress can retain up to four gallons (especially in heart failure or venous disorders.)

But merely the act of icreasing sodium or your exercise rate can cause you to retain a half to a full gallon easy.

One day I retained nearly 18 lbs of water!

Also I have heard that for women in monthly cycles they can retain water due to that as well.

faylavi
on 10/1/11 6:44 am - Laurel, MD
Has to be sodium!!! I never did that canned soups. Try eggbeaters and get your water in!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Most Active