What to drink at a bar?

gogt
on 10/1/11 5:41 am - RI
I would like to join my friends out for a night of dancing, but I don't know what to order at the bar. Should I just stick to water or ask for some kind of juice? Dancing is good exercise and I want to show off my new body, but I just don't know what to drink when I'm out.
tpasicznyk
on 10/1/11 5:45 am
I usually do cranberry juice with loads of ice (so the ice melts and water's down the sugar in the juice).  Then I will switch to water with lemon.  I will sometimes just nurse a glass of wine with tons of ice on the side too.  Not sure what you're preference is but too much juice = too many calories.  Good luck, you'll dance it off anyway! LOL

Christine928
on 10/1/11 6:17 am
My surgeon said no alcohol for 6 months... When I went to the bar I only drank water with lemon..  And danced the night away.. Just go and have fun. Believe be sober has its advantages.

Foxbins
on 10/1/11 6:55 am
I order a white wine spritzer and nurse it all night.   Sometimes I have a cranberry juice spritzer--I'm not much of a drinker.  Just go and have fun.
faylavi
on 10/1/11 7:01 am - Laurel, MD
I get a buzz a LOT FASTER since surgery, so the tip suggesting a lot of ice is a good one. I took 3 sips of my drink ($9 wasted) and decided it was enough.  I had water the rest of the evening.  I find that I sometime just need the taste of something, not the volume.  Who knew?!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Smardeepants
on 10/1/11 7:09 am
Faylavi is sooooo right on this. My hubs and I are members of different wine clubs, and routinely did wine tasting pre-op. (A nice bottle or two was easily gone in an evening).

Anyway, since surgery, I've found that 3 small sips is sometimes too much (even if I'm eating... the only time I break the "no drinking rule" is generally a teenie sip or two of wine, every 2 weeks or so). 

I would be afraid to order a drink... a few too many sips could sideline your dancing for the evening! Maybe steal a sip or two from your friend's drinks, you'll have plenty of alcohol in you for the fun (LOL) and stick with water.

I agree with others, stay away from the juice (too many carbs, sugars, and cals).

Have fun!! 

WouldYouEva
on 10/1/11 7:19 am, edited 10/1/11 7:25 am - Laurel, MD
A Virgin Mary ****tail would only be 40 calories or so AND you'd get Vitamins C &A from it. Turning it into a Bloody Mary (if you're cleared for alcohol) probably adds another 100 calories or so.
HW (2005) 320; Pre-NoS 298; SW (2010) 265; SurgWt: 257, CW: 210.2                 
gogt
on 10/1/11 7:37 am - RI
Thank you all so very much. I knew I could count on OH members to answer this question. I think I'm going to go with a virgin bloody mary. LOVE IT!!!!!
Most Active