Meatball Pizza

LeslieKC
on 10/2/11 6:42 am - KS

Sorry, don't have any pics but I just had to share my discovery...I have been craving pizza and spaghetti recently so I came up with a WLS friendly twist. Take 3 frozen meatballs and place them in a microwave safe bowl. Cover with 1/4 Cup of no sugar added pasta sauce ( I used Ragu tomato basil). Cover bowl with paper towel and microwave for 2-3 minutes or until meatballs are warmed through. Place 1/3 slice of lavash bread on cookie sheet. Cut cooked meatballs in half and spoon meat and sauce over lavash. Sprinkle with crumbled feta and freshly grated parmesan and mozzarella. Bake at 400 for approximately 10 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly. I could only eat about 2/3 of the pizza but it was awesome! Definitely helped with those cravings!

kimbethin
on 10/2/11 7:32 am - CA
Sounds great- I do something similar with Italian seasoned ground turkey.  Now that I eat less food, I like whatever I do eat to taste great.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Jasonm11
on 10/2/11 9:39 am
My wife and I actually do this exact thing alot, except I make homeade sauce....and broil or grill it....I actually heat up the meatballs seperate in teh nuke box and then squeeze the mess out of them between paper towels as they have a lot of fat that will squeeze out....
Hislady
on 10/2/11 10:29 am - Vancouver, WA
I like to make my pizzas with a meat crust. Just smush meat (any kind of ground, chicken turkey, beef whatever floats your boat) flat, then bake it for 10-15 min. at 325 degrees till mostly cooked then top with sauce, other toppings of your choice and then cheese. Pop bake in the oven for another few minutes till cheese melts. The meat crust holds up better for eating. Plus lots of protein.
kimbethin
on 10/2/11 10:40 am - CA
Good idea!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views