Recent Sleeve 9/30 - My experience so far.

HogRider
on 10/2/11 10:02 pm - Jacksonville, FL
I had the sleeve last Friday and left the hospital Saturday afterrnoon.  The day of surgery when I woke up, I was asking myself if they had in fact done the surgery?  No way I could feel this good just having major surgery.  I felt so sleepy after surgery and spent the rest of the day in and out of chemically assisted (love them slef administered pain machines) sleep.  Sunday I felt more like what I expected, hammered and uncomfortable.  No matter which way a rolled, sat, stretched, slept, I could not get comfortable.  I still sleep alot but even now, finding a comfotable position is hard.  I have noticed since Friday it is better adn I expect the discomfort to eventually fade.  I quit taking pain meds as they were making me nausious and were giving my dreams I cared not to have.  Even the speet got a little better last night.  My surgeon told me do not worry about nutrition this first week, but to concentrate on drinking enough.  I have been doing ok with water and SF popsicles, no where near the recommended levels.  This to seems to be getting easier.  

I have felt hungry a few times, but not overly so and has been easy to deal with with a few sips of water.  Probsbly head hunger.  No special requirements to leave hospital other than proving I could drink liquids and keep them down.  The gas pain has really been the worst part so far.  Only one attack that left me wimpering like a little baby crying for mommie.  This also is declining in frequency and severity.  I haven't felt like walking alot, but I do get up and walk around the house some, toilet, kitchen etc.  It's coming along ok so I will ease into it.

I have had a couple times where the reality of what I had done hit me.  I knew what I am doing before doing it, but the sudden realization that I had "what" removed on purpose does creep in.  
Each day I fell like normalcy is not to far off.  Not what is normal for others, but what is normal for me.  On well back to sleep ...zzzzzzzzzzzzz
USAF Retired                     CW: 257 SW: 341  GW :170
Bonnie L.
on 10/2/11 10:18 pm
 Congrats!!  Great news a recovery that is uneventful is one that everyone hopes for!!  
HW-320/ SW-306/CW-265/GW-150

Happy966
on 10/2/11 10:21 pm

Sleep is a great healer!  So glad you're doing well.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Marie B.
on 10/2/11 10:36 pm - Pitman, NJ
VSG on 09/20/10 with
Good for you and welcome to the bench.  Things will improve day by day.  Do try to walk A LOT as it decreases the gas and the chances of blood clots.  The more you move around, the better you will feel.  You will adapt to your new, small stomach, though sometimes, if you're like me, you'll still say to yourself "what have I done!?!?!".  But then you'll see yourself losing the weight and you'll be glad you made the plunge.  Best wishes!
Highest weight ever recorded: 224lbs.    Surgery weight: 194 lbs.
Goal range:  130-135 lbs.
  Lowest:119.7   Current weight 142lbs Height: 5' 2" almost

USAF Wife
on 10/2/11 11:06 pm
Everything just gets better from here on out ! ! ! Congrats on your sleeve!
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Paige V.
on 10/2/11 11:19 pm - Gainesville, FL
it does get better (hugs)

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

abrown8434
on 10/3/11 12:08 am - VA
You sound perfectly normal and in a few more days you will probably feel like you are back to normal.

CONGRATULATIONS and good luck! Just weight until you see the pounds fall off and you will be even happier that you got this done.

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Karen-Adventure
on 10/3/11 2:12 am
I am so glad that you are doing ok.  We work so hard to reach the goal of the surgery that when it is finally done it seems unreal.  Please try to walk as much as you can to prevent those nasty clots in your legs.  And it will help with the gas pain too.  I too went through a period of time about 4 days that I just couldn't find a comfortable spot but it did go away. So happy for you.

jessicae
on 10/3/11 4:52 am
glad to  hear you made it through with flying colors... i'm a day before you and still finding it hard to get in water/fluids... due to complication have to stay on clear liquids for 1 week instead of 4 days.  then can hopefully  move to full liquids. 

good luck and excited to go through this journey with so many  good people!

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views