Tricare & Tummy Tucks

sianabob
on 10/7/11 5:35 am
So I was one SUPER happy reformed fat girl this morning when I called tricare and they told me that my refferal had been approved for the plastic surgeon... I do my happy dance, I squeal in the ladies ear...
THEN...
I find out that there is a secondary approval after the PS takes the naked (eeeks) pictures and sends them in to tricare.....

If I am going to pose naked, stark ass naked, they better approve me

Have any of you had any experiance with Tricare for a TT?? 

The good thing is there is a 6 month wait from the appointment to surgery (permitting approval) so my weight can stabilize.. I was worried that I would end up losing after they tucked it all up and it wouldnt look right...

Then I wonder if I should just pay out of pocket and have it done anyways... choices choices..

Paige V.
on 10/7/11 5:41 am - Gainesville, FL
wow I wouldnt love nekkie pictures of me to be floating everywhere! =/

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

sianabob
on 10/7/11 5:44 am
I know right!! I am told they dont have a head on them.. but still i am naked...

jacreasy
on 10/7/11 6:08 am
VSG on 04/23/12
 HAPPY DANCE TO U!

Do you mind if i ask what you had to do in order to get them to approve it?  Did you have to prove that you had a rash or irritated skin? IF so how did you document it and how often did you have to see a doctor for them to document it and did you take pics of it each time or save all receipts and stuff for creams that you may have bought? If none of the above please let me know... I'm far away from that stage as I cant have the VSG til next march or so due to ins process and approving but I am worried about extra skin now! 

Thanks Jennifer

sianabob
on 10/7/11 6:14 am
I had a random TINY little red mark next my belly button that itched... so when we were talking about my extra skins he said oh you have a rash lol.. Thats all..

I was just asking if he thought it would shrink up any.. his answer was no.. but the result of my question is highly desirable I suppose lol.

Kayla M.
on 10/7/11 6:22 am
There shouldn't be a head on the pictures and they should give you a pair of underwear to wear....it doesn't hide much, but the necessities!
USAF Wife
on 10/7/11 7:08 am
I've been having "a rash/irritation" notated in my med charts since being 7-8 months post-op for this very reason to get Tricare to approve.

I have to really consider having it done considering my other medical issues, but I sure would look and feel better if I had it done.

They'll cover it even on Prime, off base for me, but I'm going to wait until 6-8 months post-delivery to go in for the initial consult.

I want to give my skin enough time to rebound again, and lose as much body fat as possible.

Best wishes ! ! !
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

edelu
on 10/7/11 7:46 am - los angeles, CA
Yeah no head.  I did this years ago to try to get insurance to cover breast reduction.  Naked breasts everywhere.  I remember i kept saying to the doctor not my face not my face.  i made him show me all of them after he was done.  they still denied me. 
katmom_02
on 10/9/11 3:53 am - Orange Park, FL
RNY on 02/20/13

With documented skin issues, I have seen Tricare approve a panni...but not a full TT or LBL (which would be awesome).  With documented back and shoulder issues I usually see Tricare approve a breast reduction. If they approve a panni, you would just be responsible for the difference of a full TT or LBL, shouldn't be that much. You MUST, MUST, MUST have your documentation though...they WILL NOT approve anything for 'cosmetic' reasons (unless its a breast reconstruction s/p mastectomy). The other option would be to contact any and all Military Treatment Facilities to see if plastics is something they offer...expect a waiting list...and not too many facilities do it. Balboa Naval Hospital has an 'elective' plastics program, I think....

Most Active