Need New Foods

slimmingsammy
on 10/10/11 7:12 am
Hey yall,

I'm just past 3 months post op and am beginning to run out of meal ideas for lunch.  Typically I may have some turkey slices or a boiled egg.  Sometimes I will have 3 ounces of crabmeat but I need some other ideas.  I'm allergic to fish and nuts.  I've started to add cucumbers as a snack but I know I need to ensure that I get in my protein.  I still try to drink at least one protein shake daily.  My surgeon says my weight loss would be quicker if I would stop with the protein drinks but I'm scared that I won't get to my daily goals. 

Any suggestions???  Any ideas about tortillia wraps made with low carb tortillias?

Samantha

HW: 396 VSG: 7/5/11: 388 lbs.
wls2011
on 10/10/11 7:34 am - Ballston Lake, NY
I rely on..... Kraft Twistum cheese sticks, Greek yogurt, salisbury steak, turkey meatballs or regular meatballs, turkey (deli or real cooked), rotississirie chicken, scrambled egg w/ cheese, turkey bacon, protein shakes...sometimes soups, chili, or taco meat...even steak or hamburger...for awhile I was eating tuna fish a lot, but now it tastes gross to me for some reason....

I just don't do the breads, buns, or tortillas...sometimes I do have crackers or chips though...my only carb downfall....

My surgeon's office says to rely on food and not shakes too at this point, since I'm nearly 6 months post op.... but I don't buy that it will slow the weight loss any...I think the shakes are really good for portion controlled protein that is easy to get down....

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Marcia B.
on 10/10/11 9:01 am - CA
I usually avoid breads and tortillas if I want carbs I get some crackers whole grain or brown rice.  I usually take dinner leftovers but my meals are my protein shake in the morning for breakfast, then one slice of ham and a slice of cheese rolled up with a little mustard inside no bread for a snack or a cheese stick (mozzarella) for lunch I usually bring a frozen stew and microwave, or I will have leftovers, if we had grilled chicken the night before I will chop it up and make a small salad for lunch focusing on eating the chicken first. and for a snack before my work out is a piece of fruit and then after work out on my ride home I have a protein bar :)
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Punkinchan
on 10/10/11 11:29 am
My eating habits have been wierd since surgery.  I find that I'll eat the same food for two or three days straight before changing.  Lately my favorite meal has been three Trader Joe's grilled asparagus spears (they're skinny spears that's why 3) wrapped with a slice of Albertson's Bourbon Chicken deli meat and Albertson's Munster cheese.  Super yummy.  Then some days I'll only eat Trader Joe's Just Ceasar chicken strips or their new single serving brie cheese.  For snacks I love Just the Cheese Bacon Rounds, or I'll take a bite of a Kind Peanut + Protein bar.   If I really want to loose the pounds, I''ll eat Konnyaku.  It's a japanese food that's almost zero calories and zero carbs.  In traditional non-japanese stores it's sold as Shiritaki noodles but that company uses tofu so there are some calories and carbs but still very low.  I highly recommend if you want to try konnyaku or shiritaki noodles, you have to find a good japanese recipe to prepare them.  I tried to eat the noodles with tomato sauce like a spaghetti or in a chicken soup and it was terrible.  They're filling and low calorie and carb so that's good, but no protein and very little nutritional value so although they are a useful tool in weight loss, they aren't terribly good for fulfilling vitamin and other nutritional needs.

LeahBea
on 10/10/11 12:40 pm
VSG on 05/31/11 with
I'm a vegetarian/pescatarian, If we're going to be technical. But some of my favorite meals include:

String cheese, almost all of the Morningstar and Boca products (veggie burgers), cottage cheese, low carb crab cakes, a hard boiled egg chopped up and mixed with a little mayo, salmon, the eggface bites, soy nuts, shrimp, bean salads, Greek yogurt, block cheese cut up into my size bites, etc.

Hope that helps some...

Leah

LeahBea
on 10/10/11 12:42 pm
VSG on 05/31/11 with
Just went back and read you're allergic to fish and nuts... Sorry! Ignore the fish/seafood and nuts I put on that list!

Leah

George B.
on 10/11/11 5:05 am - Miami, FL
Good sources of protein:
Pumpkin Seeds (11 grams per ounce)
Greek Yogurt
Cheese
Cottage Cheese
Beef Jerky
Chicken Salad
Fresh Mozzarella

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views