Lunch ideas for a cold rainy day?

fypcdqt
on 10/11/11 12:42 am - Cumming, GA
I am 6 weeks out as of tomorrow - yay!  And I am cleared for anything I can tolerate, though I tend to stay with soft foods. 

My problem is that I have to go out for lunch today, it is cold and rainy, and I don't know what to eat!  I have had a hard time with chicken the past few days, and I'm allergic to fish and seafood, which leaves pork, turkey and beef.  I want something warm, but the only soups with protein that I know of have chicken in them. 

Any suggestions?  I am in the Atlanta metro area, so there are all sorts of restaurants around me - a deli up the street, Chili's, Fridays, Jason's Deli, a few Mexican places, then of course the fast food - Burger King, Chick Fil A, Taco Bell, Steak n Shake, a BBQ place, all sorts of sandwich shopes, Moe's, a taco stand, then the whole mall and it's food court and restaurants around it.

If you were me, where would you go and what would you get? 

Did I mention it is COLD and rainy outside?  (Cold in Atlanta is 64)

George B.
on 10/11/11 12:46 am - Miami, FL
Chili may work for you.
You could also have a Lentil or Split Pea soup.

USAF Wife
on 10/11/11 12:52 am
Chili is my "go to" dreery weather food. Chili's chili and/or their chicken enchilada soup are my faves on their menu.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

fypcdqt
on 10/11/11 12:55 am - Cumming, GA
Is it sad that I forgot Chili's has...chili? 

That actually does sound really good.  Thanks!!

Amy

dicastro1010
on 10/11/11 3:18 am - Escondido, CA
If the mexican places have soup (they pretty much all do out here in Ca) then I would get an "albondigas soup" - thats been my favorite soup so far post op. It's made with mexican style beef "meatballs" and is delicious with some lime/lemon squeezed in.
Hi I'm Diana! I'm 5'10 and hoping to get down to 165 :) Feel free to friend me! 

fypcdqt
on 10/11/11 3:27 am - Cumming, GA
Definitely going to write that down and try it next time!  Rio Nuevo down the street has typical US Mexican food but the chef is known to make special items on request.  I grew up in New Mexico, so I like more authentic Mexican food over Taco Bell or dumbed down foods.  The waiters at RN were excited to offer suggestions and share menu items always available but never on the menu.

Today I went to Chili's, but my sleeve was not cooperating.  I walked out of there after 1/4 C of soup, with the other 3/4 C in a to go container, leaving a very bewildered waiter at the bar. lol.

Thanks for the suggestion of the albondigas soup.  Very excited to try it sometime in the future.

Amy

stacezoe
on 10/11/11 3:23 am
a small wendy's chilli is pretty good...dont get the big one though you'll throw 1/2 away! :)
 Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
Hollyhock
on 10/11/11 3:52 am - VA
I like the turkey chili at Einstein Bagel. The meat is very finely ground and not chunky so it is easy on new sleeves. It is cheap and comes with a bagel you can feed to your family.
5'7"  VSG on 6/6/2011  HW 224, SW 214, CW 144  
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views