vet question

sianabob
on 10/11/11 11:44 pm
When you reached the weight you body stopped at how did it happen? Gradually over a few months with just an ounce lost here or there or did it suddenly stop? I am still aiming to lose one pound but would be OK with up to 6.. I'm not taking in any more carbs or calories and last month I lost 7/8 pounds. . I know I am getting to the point of it slowing down and was expecting just a few pounds anyways but I hit 126.5 on the first and it hasn't moved up or down even an ounce
I do track my food, I have changed up my workout routine but not drastically

USAF Wife
on 10/11/11 11:46 pm
It took several months of tweaking my intake. But, then it just stopped, and I "let go" mentally, and things kind of fell into place for me. There were a couple of months where I dropped down to 119lbs and that was beyond too small for me so I purposely gained up to 125lbs, and then accepted a 5lb bounce on the scale as an average maintenance weight of 125-130lbs.

My calories stabilized and I really let go of a lot of my obsessiveness with the scale, and stopped tracking everything so religiously. I only counted protein and calories at that point, and it helped me keep my mental sanity.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

sianabob
on 10/11/11 11:57 pm
I think mentally I need to see 125, that was ultimate goal... the goal when I was at 240 that I couldnt even see as a vague possibility.. then I started shrinking... I made my first goal and I totally thought it possible but now on the brink of it I am going crazy lol.. I need to step away from the scale and just wait.. I have tried to hide it in the closet but I still pull it out.. next step is to take it away completely...

I dont know if I know how to not be in the losing phase, I am afraid I will lose my edge I have right now.
all I know is I dont want the scale to own me, I dont want to be tied to this stinkin object that really has nothing on me other than a number.. I know it is the way I feel, the way I look and how my clothes fit... and how much MORE I can do... but I am still hooked lol.

between my husband asking me to stop losing and my obsession with being 125 I am having a great mind battle!

BTW!! I am Soooo excited for you, sooooo close to having your sweet little baby!!

USAF Wife
on 10/12/11 12:16 am
Thanks so much ! ! ! 

I broke down and had my husband hide the scale.
1) I was being obsessive about a 2lb gain overnight
2) Water weight is a ***** and if I allow her to WIN then I lose my mind

That's why I allow a 5lb bounce in maintenance. Anything over 130lbs, and I'm reevaluating what I'm doing. I can mainly tell in how my clothes fit without even getting on the scale, but the scale still owns me.

Maintenance mentality was really difficult for me. I wanted to be free of tracking, and really get  into "intuitive eating", and I achieved a level of what I consider normal FINALLY. I had to do it for my mental health. I had to do it for my daily routine, and my daily life. That was my ultimate goal. I refused to deprive myself of any food type, but I had to find that "perfect" balance and that took time. I was afraid of losing that edge as well. I really had to let go once I got pregnant and the physical changes took over, and the weight gain started. It's taken a lot for me to accept the weight gain, and not beat myself over it. BUT, I can honestly say that without a doubt as soon as she gets here, I'm going back to low carb, and protein focused meals until I get back down to pre-pregnancy weight. I simply refuse to not lose the weight. 

It's a fine line that I tow. I've seen a solid gain of 7lbs last holiday season when I really "let go", and that was my wake-up call to what my limits, triggers, and behaviors had to be for me to stay successful.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

sianabob
on 10/12/11 2:13 am
I feel like if I am still hoping on the scale randomly throughout the day when my husband comes home he will be "losing" it on accident LOL it was starting to bother him before he left in July. .

I am afraid of maintenance. Because it is something new and I am stepping into the unknown again.. afraid to let in more calories and getting carried away.. I think regain is going to either keep me on track after I make the mistake or make me crazy.. hard to say.

I truely do want to move forward and be normal I Just have to let go.. someday.. do they have scales anonymous? ?? I need it, ha..
thanks for your words of wisdom!!

summer24
on 10/12/11 3:42 am
I do believe that our bodies have a "set point" where they are happiest and we should try to stay within that set point.  I continued to lose quite effortlessly until the weight slowed down month by month until it stopped.  However I had to tweak my eating to get to that point.

When I reached my goal, I stupidly thought the weight loss would just stop.  I was living in such a happy "weight loss bubble", that I was afraid to change anything that was working and end up back in the dreaded "fat girl" club again.  What I should have realized is that doing more of the same would only keeping me losing, but I was fine with that( you can never be too thin or too rich mentality!). I started adding nuts to my food intake.  When I hit 120, I decided to seriously stop the weight loss and started adding ice cream and full fat things to the foods I normally ate.  I stabilized for a while at 117-119, then dropped to 110 and really freaked out.  At 5'3", that was just too thin, at least for me.  I cut back on exercising and added more snacks.  It is extremely difficult to wrap your head around weight gain though, because trying to not lose or (God forbid) trying to gain weight goes against anything we have ever experienced in our lives!  After the second year though, you mistakenly start to think you have things under control.  You will have to keep an eye on not falling into old behaviors because it will happen.  I too had a holiday gain this past winter and it took me months to get myself back into the game and down to where I wanted to be.  I allow myself to bounce between 115-118.  If I hit 120, I freak out, but when I hit 113, although I'm mentally thrilled with the number, I know I have to stop cutting back and get back to 115.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views