Officially a Century Card Carrying Member

StrawWalker
on 10/15/11 1:43 pm
Hello Everyone.

I am posting today to give a bit of an update. Since my VSG surgery on May 2, 2011 I have lost 70 pounds. I had lost 30 prior to that. This brings me to a total loss of 100 pounds. That really blows me away when I think that I carried an extra 100 pounds around all day, every day. Man, just think how strong of a lady I must be. *smiles*. No wonder my knees, legs, back, and body ached so much in general.

When I finally got the surgery, I was so ready to shed the excess baggage that I had been carrying around for so long. I have to say that the day that I was wheeled into my hospital room after surgery, I thought to myself, "What the hell have I done?" I just had 85% of my stomach cut out. That is what I just had done. That was even a little to wild for me to fully comprehend. I remember sitting there by the window the next day reflecting on what had just gone on and feeling like a lost puppy. I guess they cant put it back so lets carry on then. Honestly, the following days were not easy, but there has not been much in my life that has been to be honest with you. I knew I was down for the ride.

As all the wonderful people here always say; things did indeed get easier day by day. And so here I am, now over 5 months out and completely amazed and spellbound once again. I never thought that I would ever say that I could lose this much weight. I am embarrased that I have that much to lose to be honest. Funny thing though...I never ever saw myself to be as big as I truly was. That is why I could not stand to see my pictures and do anything to not have them taken of me. Now...I am still body dysmorphic but the other way around as I know that I do not truly see the weight that I have become. I am completely shocked that I actually fit and wear size 12 pants. Who knew? And, it will only get better. There are times that I look in the mirror and am completely shocked at what I see. I actualy have to step back and look again. Is that really me? Holy **** girl, where have you been for so long?

Ya, it has been quite a ride. Not one for the faint at heart. That is for sure. There is something unique and wonderful about all of us on this journey. I hope that all of you men and women that are somewhere in this process know just how strong and beautiful you all are. (Even the ones that tend to get pissy from time to time. *smiles*)

Thank you to all of you for every piece of information, insight, and experience that you have shared with me.

Take care
StrawWalker

Start 290, Current 180, Goal 150
alfatboyz
on 10/15/11 1:50 pm

Great story Straw Walker. Excellent. Do you have any problems now? Is it difficult to stay on your diet? Exercise?

Thanks .. Jeff

StrawWalker
on 10/15/11 11:57 pm
Hey Jeff,

Thanks much. I am not experiencing any problems now. I attribute much of that to getting off the PPI as soon as I could (about 1 month after surgery). Being on one creates bigger problems down the road but was nessassary for me for that time frame.

Not real difficult to stay on track as the restriction is very good yet and my tastes have changed somewhat so that the *cheating foods* are not anything special anymore. Sweet is too sweet. My weakness would be chips if anything. I can sample and try anything wich is nice. The one thing that is somewhat difficult for me to eat is salad if you can believe it so I use a greens formula with my protien shake every day and that is wicked great for energy and nutrition.

The primary thing I do for exercise is walking. I do about 3 miles every day if possible. I find that is more theraputic than anything. I am also quite active and busy in my life.

Where are you in the process?

Take Care
StrawWalker

alfatboyz
on 11/15/11 11:55 pm
Thanks for the update StrawWalker. I have been off line for a few weeks and now back. Looks like my surgery is scheduled for the 3rd week on December. All tests are done and I go next week for the final meeting with the Surgeons.  Thanks Again .. Jeff
(deactivated member)
on 10/15/11 1:52 pm
How cool! I'm at 85, 45 pre, 40 post and I can't wait to say what you are saying!! Congrats and much more!
kimbethin
on 10/15/11 3:54 pm, edited 10/15/11 3:54 am - CA
Congrats and thanks for the inspiration!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
MrsClaus09
on 10/15/11 11:17 pm

How wonderful!!!!  Congrats - I am very happy for you!!

My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
DrHollywood
on 10/16/11 12:25 am - Harbor City, CA
yaaaaaaaaaaay congratulations...

Where do we go to get this card?

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

StrawWalker
on 10/16/11 10:29 am
Thanks Doc! Here is the website to get the cards.

http://www.swords.cc/ohcc/oh_card.html

Take care
StrawWalker

abrown8434
on 10/16/11 12:48 pm - VA
Congratulations and thank you for telling it how it is! This is not for the faint at heart and with all the joys are some of the pains and challenges. I just thank you for sharing that it gets better day by day.

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 29 views