Water slow to go down

amidwife4u
on 10/16/11 12:16 pm
Hi everyone.  I am 17 days post op and have noticed the last few days that my protein water seems to go down slow. (almost like a small amount is at the bottom of the esophagus for a few seconds) This is very interesting to me since juice, smoothies, mushy foods, and crystal ligh****er all seem to go down just fine.  Any ideas why I feel this?  Maybe it's just in my head....

Otherwise I feel great and am losing weight nicely!

HW 232 SW 218  WT when leaving hospital 219.5
Jennchap
on 10/16/11 12:32 pm - CA
I still get that kinda feeling from time to time. Im not sure what it is but it usually goes away after a few days.
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

faylavi
on 10/17/11 12:57 am - Laurel, MD
It has something to do with the density (or the lack of density) in water.  Its a very common complaint, post op.  i am almost 8 months out and just started being able to drink straigh****er. For now flavor-it-up!

Fay

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Jp2lose
on 10/17/11 3:54 am - Omaha, NE
I'm 19 months out and still have a hard time with plain water. It just feels uncomfortable. Some people just don't tolerate it well after surgery.

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/11 4:02 am
Yep, plain water did that, and gave me a strange little gurgle too!
I had to add lemon, lime or some SF flavor to it for it to slide down. Now, it's mostly fine, only occasionally does it still feel hard.. 
Most Active