Chewable multivitamin

susanraywilliams
on 10/17/11 3:23 am
I guess I'm gonna have to find a different multivitamin.

I've noticed each time I take mine (2x's a day) I feel like getting sick. Well, I tried to wait til I had more on my tummy this morning but, I actually got sick w/it today. I'll try it a couple of more times but, I can honestly say, not my favorite thing on the day's list of to do's.

Also, tomorrow will be my 1 wk post-op day. I don't think I can stand to watch another food commercial or smell things like popcorn (which I really don't like much). But it smells good. I think I'm just wanting to eat something. I'm tired of sweet drinks. I do have broth. I even did some watered down tomato soup (since it's suppose to be broth?) So, it was a nice change I guess.

Well didn't mean to sound like I was complaining but I guess not everyday will be peaches n cream. That sounds horrible too. YUCK! lol

Have a blessed one!

Susan

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." William Duran

sunnymicki
on 10/17/11 3:54 am
It will get  better!

I take Celebrate chewables and haven't had any trouble with nausea with them.  If you go to their website and email them, they'll send you some samples.  And they ship really fast.

The one week point was just about my worst time for wanting to eat.  Stay strong!   It got better for me to the point that I almost didn't care about food.  By the time I got advanced to purees, I was like "Eh, whatever."

Rather than just drinks straight broth, I ended up straining regular soups because they had better flavor.  I gave the stuff I strained out to my daughter for lunch, and it worked pretty well.  If you are on full lliquids, you could blend and then strain and get even more flavor.

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

susanraywilliams
on 10/17/11 4:54 am
Thanks for the suggestions!

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." William Duran

mandyc1975
on 10/17/11 4:20 am - Richardson, TX
VSG on 09/20/11 with
I take the one a day chewables. But, honestly, they didn't go well with me at first either and I so I didn't even start taking them religiously until I was almost 3 weeks.
Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

9/4 (pro op) 299 lbs - 9/20 (surgery day) 285 lbs - 10/4 268 lbs - 11/7 251 lbs- 12/8 239 lbs - 1/9 222 lbs - 2/7 214 lbs - 3/3 202 lbs - 3/19 194 lbs ... 9/20/2012 - 142 lbs
Mr-Smith
on 10/17/11 4:46 am - Hillsdale, MI
I had the same problem with the bariatric advantage brand but over time, it has improved.  I still can't just chew them up and swallow but I don't feel like I'm going to throw up. 

susanraywilliams
on 10/17/11 4:56 am
Well then, maybe after a couple of weeks it will get better! Thanks for the info.

Mr-Smith
on 10/17/11 5:04 am - Hillsdale, MI
I'm going to second the soup recomendation. I used Amy's organic soups, blended them in my blender, thinned with skim milk or tomoto soup.  Added some unflavored whey protien to up the protien value and your are all set. Be sure not to heat the soup too much since the whey does not like high heat.  I probably only heated my soups to about hot tap water level or less.  My favorite was the fire roasted veggie but it is spicy so watch out.  This worked so well for me that on full liquids I only had one protien shake a day and a tasty variety of soups for each meal.

On soup selection, go for the veggie bean combos.  Anything with chunky meat will not blend up very well unless the meat is really soft.  The beans give you another protien source and once blended don't really seem like beans, just soup stock.  I did not like the lental veggie soup. The no chicken chicken soup did not blend and strain well for me.

Good luck and have fun with it, wander down the soup isle at the grocery store and let you imaganition and creativity work for you.  Read the lables, make good choices!

susanraywilliams
on 10/17/11 10:24 am
Thanks for the help!

annatschida
on 10/17/11 5:19 am - Shakopee, MN
I wasn't told to go back on my multi until a few weeks after my surgery...maybe you aren't supposed to either?  I take the CVS brand chewables 30 minutes after I eat and never have a problem. Good luck!

Karen-Adventure
on 10/17/11 5:45 am
Yes they are tough to deal with.  What I did was break them in two and actually take the half tablet 4 times a day.  Seemed to not bother me as bad.  Sorry about the food thing.  I was nearly crazy from watching all the commercials and such.  Like you sweet was really getting to me so I drank more decaf tea and broth.  Try the Fuse brand drinks, a few of those are approved on  your clear liquid diet and they actually taste like something other than water.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views