The joys of shopping

Susan M.
on 10/17/11 10:29 pm
For those who didn't see my last couple of posts, I had a tummy tuck after 70 pounds of VSG weight loss.  I then cleaned my closet out completely....and yesterday I went on a major shopping trip. 

My observations?  BELTS!! New found love! Went through stages in life where I've never EVER had to wear any because all my pants were too damn tight.  And why wear fancy stylish belts when no one would see them  because I wasn't about to wear my shirt tucked in! Then I went on to a stage after VSG where I wore belts because I HAD to, because my pants were falling down. These belts were ugly ugly ugly though because I had made my own NEW holes and cut off the flappy end just so I could keep wearing the belt, so aforementioned pants wouldn't fall off :)  NOW I practically danced in front of those dressing room mirrors as I bought belt after belt, and tried them on with cute SKINNY jeans and cords! From a size 24 to a size 14!!! LOVING IT!  I bought sweaters with cool stylish belts, and for once the belt that came with the sweater FIT!!

Low hip jeans. Before tummy tuck? NEVER!! The damn things would not sit on my non-existent hips. They'd roll down and I'd forever be pulling them up! NOW? I am rockin' those "hip" low hip jeans!

Ladies cut shirts before TT? NOT A FRICKIN' CHANCE! It was all tent sized unisex shirts. Now...slim ab hugging shirts are possible! Woohooo!

PURCHASING OVER 80% OF WHAT WENT IN THE DRESSING ROOM WITH ME??? NOT returning 80% to the racks because I didn't like the way it looked, OR it didn't fit!  WOOHOOOOO my keep pile was huge! I liked the way EVERYTHING fit!

Shopping may become my transfer addiction :) Hitting the mall today with a gf....I need to accessorize! A new coat, more belts, some cool boots to go with my outfits! HAPPY HAPPY CHICK!

debk21
on 10/17/11 10:41 pm - Mansfield, TX
Wow!  Sounds like a fun trip.  I know what you mean, now as I sort through the keep versus back on the rack - it's about $$$ in my pocket and how cute is it - instead of does it hang loosely enough and cover everything...the shopping changes are wonderful.  Congratulations on your success and keep up the great work!  Belts are cool, aren't they?

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

Maintaining Cindy
on 10/17/11 11:35 pm
I love it!!  Now we want to see pics!!!  LOTS of pics!!

Have fun! 

Cindy

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/11 1:35 am
Good for you!  I really am trying to love shopping too.  I find myself still going first to the large size shop.   Its almost like I cant let go.  I go thru the normal size shops and look wistfully at some of the many choices then go over the big girls sizes and really shop. Nothing fits.  I guess its a learning process.  I want to see your pics too so get with it girlie!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 50 views