Ah---freaking-----mazing

Rekeca
on 10/18/11 6:14 am - NC
I just want to tell somebody. I hate talking to my friends and family about my weight loss as I don't want to seem like I am bragging, which I would never do, I just like sharing amazing news and want to scream it to the top of my lungs but I have to edit myself and keep it low key. HOWEVER ON OH I CAN SCREAM AND SHARE IT WITH YOU. Thank you for allowing me to do this and I am thankful for this forum.

I tried on a pair of jeans on Saturday and I couldn't even meet them. I went and showed my husband and I said I want to see how long it takes me to get into these jeans. Actually it was a pair of jeans and a pair of slacks.
I tried them on on monday night and I can fasten them up, zip them up and wear them, albeit it is just a little tight BUT I can fasten them up. I have never in all of my years been able to lose that quickly.  AH-FREAKING-MAZING.
Thanks for letting me share.

tday1958
on 10/18/11 6:19 am - CA
How amazing that must feel.  Which surger did you have done?  I am going to have the sleeve done.  How long has it taken you to loose the 71 lbs?
k__
on 10/18/11 6:24 am - Bellevue, WA
DS on 08/06/15
Soo happy for you!  I have an initial goal in mind, and when I reach it, I know I'll be feeling the same way!!  It's a wonderful feeling we only get to experience rarely in life, I think...enjoy as long as you possibly can!

tday1958
on 10/18/11 6:29 am - CA
That sounds awesome to of lost 22 pounds already.  What do you think has been the hardest part AFTER surgery? 
Rekeca
on 10/18/11 6:50 am - NC
The hardest part for me was the first week after surgery. I was exhausted. When I had to walk up the stairs it was a chore. Now I have so much energy I can run up the stairs.

AtlantaGirlel
on 10/18/11 7:02 am - GA
That is good to know that you get your energy back.  I had my surgery this past Friday (14th) and I feel so sluggish.  I took my dog for a walk today and I felt like an old woman!  I am trying to get the fluids, etc. in but it is so hard!  The strange part is that for the first time in my life, I could care less about food!

Congrats on your weight loss.  I know you are so happy.  I'll be there one day!

Rekeca
on 10/18/11 7:25 am - NC
Yes you evenutally get your stamina back. I was quite miserable during that time. I had mae me a list of things that I was going to do while I was out and couldn't do any of them.

Most Active