Little Victories!

mamatothree
on 10/18/11 11:52 am - Charleston, SC

Hi yall,

I thought I would share a mini victory with you from tonight. Today was my daughter's eighth birthday and in keeping with family tradition, we went out to eat. With my being only 6 days post-op, I was not really "feeling it". So I made my plan to order whatever broth-type soup they had that sounded appealing, have a few bites, and then pass the rest off to my very skinny husband to finish. When we got there, however, the two soups were chicken tortilla and chili--neither of which is a good option for me. Instead of allowing myself to feel defeated, I ordered 1/2 of an avocado, and then had about 3 bites before I felt full. I still felt like I was part of the family and enjoying the restaurant experience and still sticking to the purée rules. Little victories, right?!

Thanks for celebrating my little victory tonight! I figured of all people, you would understand!

Tamar 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

gonersmom
on 10/18/11 1:00 pm
WTG with a great attitude!! You sound like me...I was 5 days out and eating guacamole with my watered down chili. Avacados...YUM!!

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
kimbethin
on 10/18/11 3:14 pm - CA
Congrats and happy b-day to your daughter! 
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views