Called UHC and they said I was APPROVED!!!!! Do anyone know what is the next step.

Sincereone72
on 10/23/11 9:52 am - OH

sunnymicki
on 10/23/11 9:56 am
Woo hoo!  I have UHC too.

Call the insurance coordinator at your surgeon's office tomorrow morning and let him/her know you are approved.  If she hasn't gotten the letter from UHC yet, she can call and get the authorization reference number.

The next step after that depends on your surgeon I think.  I just had to pay my program fee and schedule my surgery :)

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

Cindy22706
on 10/23/11 10:00 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
How many months of doctors visits/nutritional counseling did you have to complete to get approved? I have UHC also and I was told twice that 3 months going twice a month would work but my doctors office would not be enough.
Sincereone72
on 10/23/11 10:27 am - OH
Ok, I will call tomorrow and give the authorization number, I am so excited...and nervous! UHC said I did not have to do nutritional classes and it's no waiting period. The approval was so simple. I showed my 5 year weight history and also proof of my sleep study results.
pdalton8
on 10/23/11 12:14 pm - NV
I have UHC also and I'm waiting for approval.... How many days did you wait for your approval? Mine is simple as well all they wanted was for me to be with my company for more that 2 years and be diagnosed with Morbid Obesity.  Congratulations on your approval!

PsychoWriter
on 10/23/11 11:18 am - St Petersburg, FL
WOW.  I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT'S ALL YOU HAD TO SHOW.  I'M REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU AND GLAD IT WAS AN EASY PROCESS.  I HAVE AETNA AND THOUGH I'M FINALLY APPROVED I FEEL LIKE I'VE BEEN PUT THROUGH HELL THE PAST THREE MONTHS WITH ALL THE DR. VISITS, TEST AND PROCEDURES THAT NOT ONLY MY INSURANCE BUT SURGEON REQUIRE,  GOOD FOR YOU AND BEST OF LUCK.  HOPE YOU GET A SPEEDY DATE.  MINE IS 11/2.  CONGRATS AGAIN!

*Now is blessed, the rest...remembered. -Jim Morrison*

Sadiqah
on 10/23/11 4:57 pm - Portland, TX
UHC... Ahh I love them people!!! All I had to show was 5 years too no waiting no nothing... Myy dr made me do one nutritional class & one physc visit & wanted the approval letter in hand before scheduling my surgery UHC aproved me in like 4 days & I requested they fax the approval letter to the dr & the next morning the dr office called & I'm having surgery nov 15 God Willing!!!!
Sincereone72
on 10/28/11 1:38 am - OH
Ok, still waiting for Barix Clinic to call me for my PAT appointment.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views