Not eating enough?

mamatothree
on 10/27/11 1:20 pm - Charleston, SC
I am two weeks post-op and I am worried I am not eating enough. I have been eating 1.5-2 cups of food throughout the day and drinking about 40 ounces each day. I am worried that my weight loss will stall if I don't eat enough. Help!

T

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

A_NewFuture
on 10/27/11 1:29 pm - Saginaw, MI
 I am 2 weeks out as well and have not even started eating yet I just had my doctor visit today and he still wants me on liquids for another 2 weeks to make sure the stomach is fully healed than I can drink a protein shake for Brkfst and Lunch and dinner in the evening is what he wants for me to do. and still drink drink drink those fluids. But I think each doctors program is different but we all can take a lil from eachothers program and learn and get feeling of ease from them as we all share.

Hope this helps and God Bless

RAQUEL

With Gods help I am going to beat this!  

susanraywilliams
on 10/27/11 1:33 pm
Everyone is different on the amount they can consume when they first start eating. You're sleeve is still swollen and healing. In time you will increase your intake. You should really work on your fluids. Your running a little short on those. Fluids are even more important than the amount of food you eat. Try to get 64 oz in. The further along your out, the easier it is to start drinking more. You'll get there. You're only 2 wks, give it some time.

Have a blessed one!

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." William Duran

rhidunn
on 10/27/11 1:40 pm - Annapolis, MD
 You should, of course, follow your surgeons plan.  That being said, my mentors told me not to worry about too much but staying hydrated for the first month.  Hydration, then protein and the rest will fall into place.  Everyone heals differently but your new stomach is VERY swollen for a LOT longer than you think.  I had a difficult time eating and was on almost 100% liquids for at least three months.  I had terrific weight loss.  Don't worry about it too much right now and stay focused on healing and HYDRATION.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views