Need Advice Please!

A_NewFuture
on 10/28/11 6:35 am - Saginaw, MI
HI I just had my surgery on the 11th and although I know it's only been a lil over 2 weeks. Went to see my Doctor and he still wants me on liquids but says for me to try to eat something small only ONCE a day. I tried eating some cottage cheese and it hurt so bad it felt like a ton of bricks in my tummy and I am using a baby spoon and only ate three spoons. I am cramping like as if I have to go diahrreah and it seems everything I am trying from yogurt to SF Jello it is going through me and I end up with Diahrrea and pain in my tummy that reaches my back I am uncomfortable and getting very frustrated  please help and send me advice I appreciate it.

GOD BLESS

RAQUEL 

With Gods help I am going to beat this!  

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/11 6:46 am
Your doctor is right, it's time to start eating soft food.  Take the tinniest bite and chew at least 30 times.  The bite should be about the size of a pencil eraser.  In the beginning, you might only eat about one to two tablespoons of food all together.  I would not get discouraged, but chew, chew and chew some more until the food is more of a watery paste in your mouth.   This will get easier with time.  There is nothing I can't eat now and you will get there too.
emelar
on 10/28/11 6:50 am - TX
He told you to TRY.  Sounds like your stomach is telling you it's not ready for food yet.  So do liquids for a day and then TRY a little soft food the next day.  And follow Elina's advice about the amount, size and chewing until liquid!
A_NewFuture
on 10/28/11 7:10 am - Saginaw, MI
Thank you both so much I am really in alot of pain in my tummy after eating 3 baby spoons of cottage cheese plus I drunk my protein drink which consisted for about maybe 4 baby swigs from my Sippy cup was all I could handle. I appreciate your answering my post and sure hope I can get there soon Elina and thankyou emelar I think I will try that back to liquids than try again until I can tolerate it.

GOD BLESS AND THANK YOU BOTH

RAQUEL
kimberleyann
on 10/28/11 7:19 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
Wow the difference between different doctors plans. I had surgery same day the 11th and I am on full liquids till tuesday, at which point I start my mushies phase for 2 weeks.  Then I start soft foods for 2 weeks before I try solids.  Good luck to you for you new phase and hopefully you find something you can stomach.

slimpickins5280
on 10/28/11 7:21 am - CO
Also you might stay away from dairy on your first few tries. It really hurts me to eat cottage cheese and yogurt. Pureed soups are MUCH easier. Cream of Potato (pureed for me) is the easiest. I use Lactaid milk to soften all the cream soups.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

kimberleyann
on 10/28/11 7:23 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
good point. I vaguely wondered that as well.  It is easy to become lactose intollerant after surgery. could be the dairy making ill.

A_NewFuture
on 10/28/11 7:35 am - Saginaw, MI
 Thank you all so much I am getting very discouraged here and I appreciate all the help from everyone

GOD BLESS

AND THANK YOU ALL AGAIN

RAQUEL

With Gods help I am going to beat this!  

Most Active