Overwhelmed !

Fancy4684
on 10/29/11 12:30 pm
It's been just about five months since I had sugary and have lost about 80lbs!

Which I know is amazing but I look at the scale and just see how much further I have to go. Im at the point now where I feel like will I ever reach my goal ?? I am being to aggressive in the goal I set ?? Can I really have lost 80lbs and still have another 80 to go ??

I also feel like I'm obsessing over my weight and I need to find something to take my mind off the fact that I'm only half way there .

Is anyone else feeling this way?
Melanie D.
on 10/29/11 12:40 pm
I read this and think 'WOW, not even 5 months and 80lbs... you are doing great! Inspirational to me who just started had has 130 to go. Is there somewhere you want to go or something you want to do when you reach your goal weight? Create an image to look at and think big picture.
Keep it up,
M
tanieanie
on 10/29/11 1:00 pm - WI
Thats amazing.   Ive also lost about 80 and Im 6.5 months out!  I do feel like that alot of times and now Im just taking it a month and size at a time.    And if you truely need something to do to take your mind off it.... come do my laundry.  LOL   no but really.   I am going to start concentrating more on endurance and streangth and hope the weight will just keep coming off .   Im going to start adding time to my indoor cycling daily (I get tired easy) and work up endurance so next summer I can get out there and ride my bike with my family.  If you ever need to talk or gripe,  Im here!

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/11 1:10 pm, edited 10/29/11 1:11 pm
VSG on 01/10/12
 How about this, put away your scale for a week.  I know you will miss the drive-by weighings on the way to the bathroom, but hear me out.  Make a list of all the things you can do NOW that you could not before.  Think about every one of them.  Now make a list of all of the things that you still want to be able to do (or wear- LOL) or whatever.  Dream big.  Write them all down.  Cut out pictures if you need a visual and make a dream board.  Now write down all fo the things you hated before you got the surgeries - your fears, your struggles, the secret things you did not want to admit to anyone.  Make peace with them because they are GONE!  You are where you are and looking ahead to where you re going!!!  

Now, review your plan.  Stick to the plan, focus on the goal sheet and be realistic when you evaluate your "goal weight."  You might be able to do the things on your list before the scale agrees that you are done (and you may still lose more after you have succeeded in those things).  

I am yet to have surgery, but I have been working with my therapist and this is one of the things I am doing even preop.  I am almost 30 lbs down from my highest weight and have doubts about needing the surgery.  But then I think about HOW FAR I have to go.  Back on for surgery!  :) 

kimbethin
on 10/29/11 6:11 pm - CA
I'm wishy washy with my goal.  I'm really working 10 pounds at a time.  Started at 275 for my consult and have focused on getting to 260, 250, 240 etc. to make it feal more possible.  I'm not sure what my final goal is.  My ticker says 130, but I think 120 might be the final number.  My next big step will be onderland!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Kim_M
on 10/30/11 1:13 am - LaPorte, TX
You are doing greta and right on schdule.My scales use to get me up every morning. I have found that now I do not obsess as much .As your body changes and your weight loss becomes more apparant your mind set will change.I noticed this after a 100 lb loss.

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
Fancy4684
on 10/30/11 1:05 pm
Thanks for all the great advice ! I did start a list of goals other then numbers and things I can do now that I couldnt before .

Kim, I do think that the next 20-30 lbs are gonna be a big change for me . Right now I'm still big , when I look in the mirror I can't really see the difference and in the next 20 lbs I see that changing . I think that's the hard part of this stage it's like I'm in purgatory to big for the regular stores and to small for the big stores.

I know it will get better I just feel like sometimes I'm just swimming and swimming and can't even see the top of tha****er where I can get air.

But everyone's kind words have really made it a lot better

Thanks
BethR311
on 10/30/11 1:43 am - Fort Wayne, IN
Oh hell yeah, sometimes I feel like weight loss, eating, drinking etc is ALL I THINK ABOUT.

I don't own a scale.  Never have, never will.  I used to weigh at the gym once a week.  Since surgery, I weigh every time I go, three times a week, but as soon as I start getting bad news, I will go back to once a week. 

But ya know, 80 pounds!  Tell me that doesn't make a difference in your life!  Go pick up 80 pounds and think, I don't lift that every day, every step of my life anymore!

I am my own harshest critic and I think a lot of us are too. 

Maybe this is a good time for a new hobby? 

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
howarli
on 10/30/11 6:45 am - MD
suppose you were 5months out and still needed to lose 120lbs?   Don't worry be Happy!  This is a Lifestyle change don't let the numbers completely consume you. 
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 54 views