Celebrating -- 1/4 of a pound loss TODAY !!!

BriarRose
on 10/30/11 2:30 am
Not to scare newbies off....but I broke my almost 4 week stall this morning !!!  YES !!!

The scale finally went below 183 --- 182.75 !!! 

I am just enterning my 10th month post op, and have lost 83 pound since surgery, 34 pre-op.....and had been stalled out for the past 26 days.  26 days ago I gained 2 pounds.  Don't know how, don't know why.....and for the next 25 darned days I lost and then gained back the same stupid 2 pounds.  Finally 4 days ago the scale started to creep downwards, and kept going.....a few ounces each day.....until....

TODAY !  When the scale finally dipped below the 183 mark. 

Stalls make you doubt yourself, and for me, even at almost 10 months out had me thinking that "this wasn't going to work and am I going to just gain it all back" ----

I'm 55 years old, I'm a therapist to boot, and I "get" the psychological implications of tremendous weight loss; but when it's happening to YOU it's a whole different story !!!  So much of this journey is about our brains, and not about our stomachs.....while in my 3 week stall....I found myself sabotaging my plan ...... did I really eat 3 "fun size" candies --- yeah; the wrappers are in your trash can !!!  And why did you eat them ? Because I"m pissed that I'm not losing weight, and who cares......yeah.....and three candies are only 200 calories.....and ........

Sigh.  So I declared the week of "NO" ---- the week I WILL say "NO" to things that are not healthy for me to eat. 

Yes, I did eat a pudding cup each evening.  My sweet reward for saying NO to the pre-halloween candies.  Yes, I may even have to resort to a pudding cup at work next week.....but a pudding cup fills me up for 2 hours, while a fun size candy does nothing.....

So..... Celebrate with me, my sleevie friends.  I'm back in the saddle again....
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Kim_M
on 10/30/11 2:41 am - LaPorte, TX
The saddle is a good place to be. This is normal I reagain a few (fluid ) no way can we eat enough to actual gain fat (unless you are consumming ice cream all day long.I hit 194 then yo yo all the way to 198 then yesterday i hit 192 missed out on 193 all together. Just keep going thats al we have to day shake off the slips(yeah I had the minnis yesterday my self 2 actually and a tootsie roll to boot)Yikes I am huuman also.Just dont feel guilt logg it as a treat and keep it in the treat logg not a every day logg lol . You are doing great

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
MyOwnSunshine
on 10/30/11 2:43 am
Yay for you!

I'm finding that this journey is a great lesson in accepting the "what is" for me, and letting go of the "what should be according to other people."

The only thing that matters is what works for you and your body.  I've already learned a lot about my body and what it needs from day to day.  The amount of calories that I need one day is different than what I may need the next.

The number and/or amount of meals, snacks, calories and "treats" varies depending on my psychological and physiological state of being on a given day.  (Treats for me meaning half an apple, a cup of green tea with splenda, or some nuts; calories meaning between 600 and 1000.)

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to my weight loss, but I have found that if I haven't lost anything for 3 or 4 days that bumping my calories up closer to 1000 for a day or two will usually generate a loss on the scale. 

It's important to know that there is no "normal," there is just a state of being and losing that is specific to you. 
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Most Active