Anyone take steroids? Did you gain weight???

skinimini
on 11/8/11 2:41 am
The doctor has prescribed prednizone for awhile.  In the past, when taking steroids, I became very *****y, did not feel good, and of course!!!  Gained weight.

Post VSG, did you wind up gaining weight while on steroids?  I know it is a temporary thing, but still not good for the ol'  psyche!

Thanks!
Sheri

I am 5' 7" tall and 35-years-old   **Sheri**
My ticker shows who I did this for:  Azure and Malachi

July 10th, 2011:  Down 26 lbs. and 15 1/4 ".

Aug. 10th, 2011: Down 14 lbs. and 13 3/4 ".

Sept. 10th, 2011:

Oct. 10th, 2011:

BriarRose
on 11/8/11 2:48 am
I haven't had to be on any yet, since my VSG -- thankfully ! But as a lifelong asthmatic, it will happen....I know that I get hugely hungry....and it's a gnawing hunger that does not go away.

I totally feel for you. I would try things like sipping broth, or some low calorie soups, having small low calorie snacks frequently during the day and evening; and PLAN that success for right now is just not gaining weight !!!

Feel better !

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Mom4Jazz
on 11/8/11 3:05 am
I take steroids every day of my life.

I have noticed that I get "hungry" (not like normal stomach hungry, I still don't get that, more of a WANT FOOD NOW thing) about 1 1/2 hours after I take it each morning so I have a meal planned about that time, with an optional protein snack an hour or so later. It's part of my food plan, calories taken into account and I do it without guilt because that's what works.

My steroids haven't prevented me from losing weight. They haven't made it any easier, but I'm smarter than they are :-P

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Most Active