Dr. aceves in mexico

katy
on 11/9/11 10:50 am
anyone who has had sleeve with dr aceves what was your experience.
FatGuyInALittleCoat
on 11/9/11 10:56 am - New Orleans
Dr. Aceves, in my opinion(and many other folks here), is one of the top VSG surgeons in the world.  The level of skill, care & professionalism of Dr. A and his staff greatly impressed me.  If you decide to go with him, I promise you won't regret it.

Current weight: 170 lbs.

Once I reach goal, this cow will be killed & eaten... 2 ounces at a time.

Total includes 56 lbs. lost on 2-month low carb pre-op diet.  Start date 9/13/10.

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/11 10:59 am
I live in the midwest too, welcome.

I am doing well, I think my biggest concern when researching him was finding real people not paid pitchers. Im as real as it gets. I am almost to goal within 6 months. Hard work and dedication.  It  blows my mind every time I look in a mirror. The whole surgery thing was kinda miserable, but Ill never regret this a day of my life. It has changed my entire life. I came onto the board today to update my health tracker. I rarely login anymore. As of today I've lost 47.5 inches total around all of my body parts.

Hve any other questions about something in specific? The place I had surgery in was clean and I felt safe there. The staff was really awesome except one nurse, and heck you cant love everyone. The docs made me feel comfortable enough that I let a foreign doc chop me open and I never thought I would do that.
CCinIndiana
on 11/9/11 11:38 am - IN
Hi,

I was sleeved by Dr. Aceves July 12, 2011.  I initially thought everyone on these boards were paid to say nice things about him, but after talking to several people from the boards and hearing their kids running around in the background like mine, I knew they were real.  I took a leap of faith and booked my surgery!  It was the best decision of my life.  My partner went with me and was even allowed in the OR and got to observe the surgery.  She is a RN and said they were as sterile as any american OR she had been in.  This was a total coincidence - Dr. Aceves and my partner were talking about her bariatric surgery two years ago and its ends up he is friends with her surgeon, Dr. Allen, here in Kentucky LOL.  Dr. Aceves and his entire team are wonderful.  When I arrived at the hospital I had a moment of panic, thinking what the heck am I doing here.  I busted out in tears, Lucy was so kind and reassuring.  I then spent the next hour meeting with the anesthetist, who gave such a good explanation oh his role and what he would be doing that I immediatedly felt reassured.  Next I met Dr. Aceves and I knew I was in great hands.  He is awesome, he told me he'd take good care of me and he did.  The hospital is spotless, every vistor is dressed so nicely when they came to see patients there..I walked non-stop and hads lots of time for people watching.  I felt perfectly safe the entire time.  Knock on wood my experience has been about perfect.  I have lost over 60 lbs and feel great.  I would be happy to talk to you by phone if you want to talk.  Good luck with your decision.  Cathi
ND2BTHN
on 11/9/11 11:52 am - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 I haven't had my surgery yet, but many people on here have and will gladly share their experiences with you. You can look at my friend list if you like, since all except one or two are his former patients, and contact them directly. I will be going to see him in January. Hope to see you there!

Good luck with your search.

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
Aandasmommy
on 11/9/11 1:57 pm
Hi! I had surgery Friday 11/4/11 with dr Aceves and he's amazing! the hospital is very clean, nurses were great, and I'm in no pain only five days after surgery! If you go with dr Aceves tell him Brittany says hi! I'm SO happy with my decision to fo to him, he really is the very best!!

*Brittany :)  Height:5'9 HW:265 SW:230 CW:153 GW:145
Margo N.
on 11/9/11 11:07 pm
I had a fantastic experience. Full details on my blog at www.vsggoodlife.cm
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

lovelyluckylady 12345
on 11/10/11 8:54 am
VSG on 05/31/12
How much was Dr Aceves VSG procedure?
AirTorg
on 11/13/11 1:58 am - Louisville, KY
I had my surgery with Dr. Aceves on 3/24/11.  At that time I paid $8750. 

What an amazing experience!  Since my surgery I've lost 133lbs.  I couldn't be happier!  Dr. Aveves and the entire staff were so wonderful.  The hospital was the cleanest I've ever been in.  I would go back to him in a heartbeat!

There is no way I would ever be able to find a surgeon here in Louisville, KY that is as wonderful and caring as Dr. Aceves.  I'd reccomend him to any of my family or friends.

Air
(deactivated member)
on 11/13/11 3:53 am
Just chiming in here, dittoing what has been said before me. Great experience, and fantastic restriction.. I had a much better exp in Almater hospital than I did being hospitalized stateside years ago for viral meningitis.. from the care and attention of the nurses, to the general cleanliness. I would not hesitate to recommend him. 
Most Active