Medicare Part A update

luvkisses4k
on 11/9/11 12:54 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
VSG on 12/21/10 with
Hi everyone!  I haven't been on here for awhile.  My surgery went well and I feel terrific but I was diagnosed with breast cancer this summer and have been dealing with the treatments for that.  A side note is that I really feel like I was able to get thru that surgery and the treatments better with 100 pounds off!

But I wanted to update you all about my insurance win!  I am disabled and even though I have insurance, I also am saddled with Medicare Part A.  Normally it would be a blessing.  However when it came time for my VSG surgery, I spent months going round and round with the surgeon's office and my insurance and Medicare about getting the surgery covered.  In the end, I had to pre-pay and pray that I would get reimbursed.

After going round and round with the hospital and trying to submit the hospital bill to Medicare myself (by law the hospital has to submit to Medicare even if you pre-pay), I am being reimbursed for my hospital costs!!!  So while Medicare and my insurance wouldn't pre-certify me for the surgery, Medicare has paid my hospital bills.

Next up - getting BC/BS to pay the surgeon fees!!!  Wish me luck!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views