October 11 Sleevers I have a question :)

A_NewFuture
on 11/12/11 12:17 pm - Saginaw, MI
HI I was just wondering of all the us that got sleeved on the 11th of October how many are on solid foods? Or where are you at on your stage of eating? Any problems or issues? Thanks for reading and for answering

GOD BLESS

RAQUEL

With Gods help I am going to beat this!  

klg1981
on 11/12/11 1:36 pm - Bartlett, IL
I was sleeved on the 12th and I am on solids. I have no food restrictions and I met with my dietician on Thursday and she was very pleased with my progress. I know every surgeon is different but mine allowed me to progress myself one week at a time. I am a little early because I had a small Bp issue so they put me on the blended diet a few days early, but so far I have not had one issue with tolerating or eating any food!

B. Bap
on 11/12/11 1:54 pm
I was sleeved on 10/10 and I am on solid. I have been eating mainly  meats. I am finding that I can not eat as much when I am eating meats alone. I am actually eating much less than when I was on mushies/blended foods. I am finding that I am eating too fast and not shewing properly. I get the foamies a lot and the feeling of food getting stuck. It is much better when I chew slowly and  eat slowly. I still drink 2 proteins a day.

Hope that helps.  What is your experience like?  I guess I am wondering what made you ask?
kimberleyann
on 11/12/11 9:51 pm - Kingston, NS, Canada
I was sleeved on the 11 Oct and I am on mushies till tuesday, then move on to real food.  I have a love hate relationship with eggs. I tolerate everything else so far really well. I have no problem getting in all my liquids if I remember to keep track. Looking forward to Tuesday so much!

DonnaCrosland
on 11/12/11 10:43 pm - WA
I am a week before you (Oct 3) and am on full foods and have been for about 2 weeks.  I did my 3 weeks of liquid and mush and then went to solids.  some days I can eat just about anything in limited amounts - other days it is tougher and I stay with soups and protien drinks.  My sleeve has a mind of it's own..so I just listen to it and go with the flow.  I am down 37 lbs as of this morning (15 were from pre-surgery)...and doing great.

I do have reflux if I don't take the inhibitors...Also I noticed that if I don't drink enough water - I wont lose any weight - and if I don't eat enought calories (min is about 900 per day for me)...I won't lose.  It's a balance for sure...

I have been excerising now for about a week and feel great.  Good luck to all of you...

Donna
A_NewFuture
on 11/13/11 8:09 am - Saginaw, MI
 I LOVE Eggs but I still have not been able to eat ONE full egg yet. I have had so many set backs and I am still on mushie foods. I have started my walking and it seems to be alot of help. I also lost my tastebuds they went MIA for a while. I have been in and out of the hospital so I was just wondering how everyone else was doing. I don't know what Thanksgiving will be like because I don't know if I will be granted to be off of mushies. I guess the reason I asked was because I had so many set backs I wanted to know where everyone else was at. And although I have had some very scary set backs I am goign to keep on moving. I am happy for all of you that are doing really good and I can't wait until I can get to where you are all at. I go on Thursday to see how I am progessing so hopefully I too will be eating solids soon :) Hamburgers is my craving I am having right now I want a hamburger soooooo bad I am having dreams of them hahahahahah

GOD BLESS

RAQUEL

With Gods help I am going to beat this!  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views