struggling with good goals

tanieanie
on 11/13/11 2:01 pm - WI
I am over 6 months out and still really struggling to get in enough food and protien.  I keep a very accurate food diary and it always shows less than 500 calories a day.  and NEVER more than 35-40 grams of protien.   My Dr. tells me that if I would eat more I would lose more and offers no advice on how to make this happen.   I have beyond awesome restriction still.  5 bites of anything and Im either full or pretty close to it.  I really put thought into what I eat to get the most protien!!!   Problem is I DONT make an effort to eat more times a day.  Most days I actually put something in my mouth 2x.  Im never hungry and eating seems like a chore!  My NUT isnt a help either as she just seems to want to talk about adding things like pastas and such for carbs.  I AM TERRIFIED of carbs.  LOL   It seems like you eat 1 yogurt and thats half your carbs for the day!   I guess Im just not getting it!!  I really need some basic advice for an on the go lifesyle!

frisco
on 11/13/11 2:23 pm, edited 11/13/11 2:24 pm

Add a protein bar everyday and your all good !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

tanieanie
on 11/13/11 2:28 pm - WI
Do you have a recommendation on a protein bar.  Don't they have a ton of carbs.  LOL  there goes my carb neurotic self again.

edelu
on 11/13/11 2:36 pm - los angeles, CA
If you're going to go with a protein bar Quest is your best bet.  They are only sold online.  I add a shake to my day to keep my protein up.  A quick 30 grams in one go. Is this out of the question for you?
tanieanie
on 11/13/11 2:57 pm - WI
I do add a shake when I can.  My problem is I travel allot for work.  This week I will be in Madison WI for 2 days and then WI Dells for 3 days and only home on the weekend.   I usually pack a cooler to take with me as my meetings and hotels don't offer the best choices for food.  Like tonight I have been baking  pepperoni chips and cheese chips for snacks to bring along and then I will pack Greek yogurt, some chicken salad, tuna and such.  I drink allot of water lately...that and exercise seems to be about all I'm getting right. 

edelu
on 11/13/11 3:08 pm - los angeles, CA
Then yes quest bar is your best bet. 20 grams protein 4 carbs and 14 dietery fiber most under 200 cals.  Shakes are hard with travel.  Good luck
BETHC500
on 11/13/11 3:15 pm
I found some protein bars called Think Thin, 180 cal, 20 gr protein, and 0-2 carbs. And they taste good too.
frisco
on 11/13/11 2:40 pm

Here is the one I used to eat...... I take them when I travel.....buy them at Costco in a 3 flavor box.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=148421&catid=284561&aid=338666&aparam=148421&scinit1=pla&scinit2=%7Bkeyword%7D

Protein bars are like protein drinks.....everybody seems to have their favs.... research it ....try some.....and yes some are loaded with carbs.....

What you need to do.....is add something like a protein bar of drink or what ever...... do it for a full seven days and see if it has any negative/positive effect.

For me..... beef jerky and peanut butter were weight loss stoppers....others seem to do fine with those foods.... me....no...

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

BETHC500
on 11/13/11 3:14 pm

At GNC they have protein bullets that have 42 gr protein, 0 carbs, 3.8 oz fluid, Drink half in morn and half later in the day. They taste pretty good too.

edelu
on 11/14/11 1:48 am - los angeles, CA
Protein bullets are collagen protein which we do not digest well.  According to most nutritionists it's like pouring money down the drain.  Put protein shots in the search engine and see the responses.
Most Active