Amor Vie hormone therapy replacement, anyone???

Lisa J.
on 11/14/11 3:58 am - OK
http://www.hrcmedical.com/

I'm a nearly 55 year old nearly post menopausal gal who is about 30 months out from VSG. I admit that between work, boyfriend, fun social life, two elderly parents that suck the life out of me (I do love them!) I am seriously thinking that this hormonal therapy might just be the trick. I had a client come into my office today who confided in me that she'd started the therapy 10 days ago and it has seriously changed her life.....energy, clarity, sex drive, focus. She works 7 days a week with racehorses and is really physically fit and no lazy bones, and I know how tiring it can be....exhausting...never ending....

My point is, I'm not on any hormones now except what my body produces, which could be nil. They asked my friend how in the world was she even functioning-- her levels were so low. I am SO ON BOARD for this I cannot tell you. I dang sure don't want to spend another 10 years feeling so friggin depleted, if this truly helps then why wouldn't I? 

Apparently it's about $1000 to start with about another $165ish quarterly. They won't bill the insurance so I have to find out if they'll pay it -- but even so I work for the state and could use a lot of my benefit card on those expenses, esp the up front cost.

ANYBODY tried this or know anyone who did? Results? Good? Bad???? 

Thanks!!

Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
thin1soon
on 11/14/11 4:17 am
Don't do it.  There was a report on our local news last nite (Nashville, TN) that the authorities and BBB had visited HRC and confronted them that they were running a scam.

thin1soon  TN

Pre-surgery weight 11/6/08-253
Post surgery (12 wks.) 2/3/09-185
68 pounds lost

KarenSmith
on 11/14/11 4:53 am
I have been a patient for over a year now and this difference is incredible! I saw the same thing on the news and it sounded like a couple of unhappy people got together and tried to pick a fight with the company!  Every place is going to have those, but as for me and a few friends that I have met along the way we love HRC! I am no longer moody, the night sweats are gone, and the energy that I have is crazy! I feel 20 yrs younger! It is expensive but so worth it! Some insurance companies will pay for the bloodwork and some of the procedure too. If you are really serious about feeling good again it is definatley worth looking into further! I wish you the best!
Lisa J.
on 11/14/11 5:48 am - OK

I guess I wonder what the difference is between going to your PCP and having hormones prescribed and monitored....compared to what might cost around $3000 a year??? 

thank you for your input.

Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

Lisa J.
on 11/14/11 5:52 am - OK
Interesting, Karen, not trying to start gossip--call me pessimistic but you just joined OH TODAY and have never posted before???....and a using a rather commonly heard name? Do I smell a rat.....?
Lisa J

edelu
on 11/14/11 7:24 am - los angeles, CA
I have 2 girlfriends on bio-identicals who swear by them.  they say their energy levels are through the roof and the brain fog is gone.  one  felt near death when she was going it alone.  the one thing i will say is that it is expensive OK 2 things, they did not click in as quickly as they thought they would.  one took several months plus she was applying it to the wrong place.  The thigh is not the best but you have to be careful of putting the cream anywhere that someone else has access to and may spend time lying on IE the stomach.  I'm presuming you're talking bio-identical if not ignore the reply.
Harlee J.
on 1/24/12 12:29 pm - Charlotte, NC
BOTH my PMD (Family Medicine, and male) and my OB-GYN (female and in her 50s) told me 'not to bother' with the Amor Vie therapy. I had a partial hysterectomy in 1999 and tho'' I still have my ovaries, they are the size of a childs, which means they are not putting anything out any longer. I did get my same OB-GYN to draw my labs and showed her the ones the PMD drew 2 yrs ago and she upped the Estradiol I was taking by 2mg a day. I was only on 0.5mg. That alone has really helped me...not to the extent that I feel sexually 20 again, but I at least feel FEMALE again and not like an 'android'. All I can tell you is what I experienced by my docs. I have heard stories of them being a sham. I'm sick of seeing 50+ of their commercials daily starting at 0400.
inmytime
on 3/31/12 1:42 am
 I would not pay that much for that procedure. Go find outher MD in your area that perform BHRT.  Make sure you are reading all the find prints whenever you sign up a contract. 
DeeRamsey
on 7/9/12 8:29 pm - GA
 Order some progesterone cream!!  I use Progensa Complete from Covenant Pharmcy! Also, do some research by going to www.npis.info and to Dr. John Lee, MD website! It will open your eyes! I love my progesterone and I have many friends who are using it as well! You can also order the saliva tests and perform them yourself!!! 
(deactivated member)
on 7/5/13 10:44 pm

This is another awesome bioidentical hormone replacement therapy website http://tinyurl.com/o5ghtot

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 35 views