Nine weeks post op update and video...

Soosy
on 11/14/11 7:41 pm - TX
I'm nine weeks post op and officially half way to goal!! Last week I measured and have lost a total of 31.75 inches head to toe! I'm loving the progress and feeling great!

Sorry I don't have any pics to include but there are a few in this video I made over the weekend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94zduEYJTAc

I little background on the video... This time last year I weighed somewhere around 285. Hunting with my hubby was not enjoyable! He likes to walk all over "walk & stalk" as he says. Last year I could hardly keep up, got winded and whiny! This year is a whole new ball game! We went out over the weekend with my nephew (xander) and brother (chad). Hubby had me trekkin all over about two miles worth of hiking, ridges, fields, hills, creeks... I never got winded! I was still whiny, but that's b/c I wanted to be in a blind on my own and sit and wait! Anyhoo, the video is of my first kill. It does include the shot so if you are an ARA, don'****ch!

Regarding food at nine weeks: well, it's been about the same for me the past month or so... Some days I can really eat like 3oz a meal and other times I get like three bites in and I'm done. Either the food doesnt feel good, doesn't taste good, or I just get full! I get a lil depressed occasionally when I can't eat, because there are definitely still days I wish I could eat a real burger or have some pasta! But I'm not there yet and not sure I ever will be again! Mourning food seems ridiculous to me, but it's very real. I mean really, who cries b/c they can't have a real cheeseburger!? (this gal) who gets cranky b/c they can't indulge in a big bowl of spaghetti!? (this gal) who gets so desperate for a cheese enchilada smothered in queso that she orders one removes the tortilla and eats melted cheddar smothered in queso?! (you bet I did) I've been Shopping amazon for anything resembling a tortilla chip in low carb form like soy chips or whatever.. Really craving the crunch and wanting to feel less guilty about having an old favorite...chips/queso or salsa... And pizza... Man I want pizza lately. We never even ate it that much but for some reason it sounds good to me lately.
Damn carbs have a hold on my mind I guess! Maybe it's true what Dr. B says... "they are as addicting as cocaine" and maybe I'm going through a little regression/withdrawal. *****ally knows.
~Susan
http://samesoosy.blogspot.com
VSG: September 13, 2011   HW:285    SW:253

PsychoWriter
on 11/14/11 7:56 pm - St Petersburg, FL
I know what you mean about getting in the different flavors. sounds like you're doing great thou in keep up the good work. if you're looking for chips are other snack foods that are high in protein and won't sabotage your diet then look for a catalog online called diet direct.com. I haven't ordered anything on this website/catalog yet but I plan to. they have tons of snacks shakes meals vitamins anything and everything you could think about. the best part is they all come in individual servings and 1 serving is about 100 calories and has at least a minimum of 15 grams of protein. this isn't just the shakes here it includes things like tortilla chips pretzels crackers cookies pasta dishes everything so I'm definitely gonna check it out and try ordering a few things from the catalog. like I said they have a website and they have a link for a free catalogs you have mailed to you you might wanna check it out its diet direct.com . best of luck and who knows you may find something that you like. keep up the good work!

*Now is blessed, the rest...remembered. -Jim Morrison*

susanraywilliams
on 11/15/11 12:10 am
Right there w/you on the mourning the food. I found a wonderful site on youtube and she has a website too. It's lowcarb360.com. on youtube it's just lowcarb360. She has alot of great low carb meal ideas!

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." William Duran

BariBariHappy
on 11/15/11 12:47 am - MI
 Diet Direct is a GREAT online resource. I get all my "supplies" from there. They have all kind of "Protein" snacks: crunchy, salty snacks. Sweet snacks.....all kinds of things. Soups, drinks - hot, cold. Chocolate, etc. I would highly recommend ordering from them if you can. 

I am headed into my 10th week (Surgery was September 1st) and I have had cravings. I have had a cheeseburger...it's just a 1/4 of a cheeseburger...I make it with ground sirloin and it's lean!  I have had pizza...but I make my own on thin pita bread...it gets crispy and it's way better than any of those thick crust versions I used to have. I've had mexican...fat free refried beans, chicken fajitas. Salt free tortilla chips...but now, instead of a whole bag...I just eat 5 chips. You can still have all the great things that you used to eat....just not a huge, belly aching portions. Make them  yourself and you can eat a lot healthier and still stay on top of your cravings. 

Deer backstraps....deeeelicious! 
   HW: 291 • SW: 260 • CW: 196 • GW: 145            

Soosy
on 11/15/11 2:55 am - TX
My surgeon is highly anti carb... I'm trying my hardest to keep them out of the diet until I reach goal at least and then maybe I'll start experimenting with home made low carb options...

Now, I have had a few things here and there like 3 sweet potato fries or a bite of mashed potatoes... Sometimes that's all I want is a taste! I even found some veggie chips at also that weren't too bad in the carb dept. and limited myself to just a few...

I will check out that site later today! Can't wait to see what I can find!
~Susan
http://samesoosy.blogspot.com
VSG: September 13, 2011   HW:285    SW:253

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views