I want it back...(random)

caralikesglass
on 11/16/11 6:32 pm
The honeymoon period, anyway. I wish I could just have 3-4 weeks of not wanting anything but crystal light and protein drinks. I have to keep reminding myself that I felt like crap and looked like crap at the time. I hear mumblings about a 5-day pouch test...has anyone done it? Does it work? I am tempted to do it when I am out of school for winter break (mid Dec). That way, if I get a headache or any other problems, I won't have the added stress of school on top of it. I know it sounds like procrastination, and maybe it is a little bit, but I do get panic attacks when I feel ill and have obligations to meet. Anyone else have that issue? I don't know how regular, well-adjusted people go to work when they are sick. They must have work ethic of steel. I used to do it a million years ago, and don't know how. I guess I have turned into a big baby.

Highest Weight: 317 Surgery Weight: 268 Current Weight: 179.7  

LosingLZ
on 11/16/11 8:05 pm
It sounds like you have a lot of stress and are having a tough time right now!  I think if you could plan your food so it is something to not worry about that would be helpful.
And it is hard when you are sick to continue to function. It sounds like you need to find a way to relax and regroup because panic attacks are not a fun thing to go through.
You only have a month until break. Take it one day at a time and you will make it!

Krazydoglady
on 11/16/11 9:11 pm - FL
Why not just make incremental changes instead of one big one?  Rather than doing the pouch test which I can't even imagine, try going back to VSG basics.  Drop your carbs, watch your calories, and back off any beverages that have calories.  I drink a fair amount of coffee  with half and half, but I record it and work the rest of my plan around it.

I am under crazy pressure right now professionally and personally. I'm working 100 hours a week to meet year-end deadlines.  I cope in a  couple of different ways but one important one is I exercise.  It really makes all the difference in the world.  Along with regular workouts, I take 10 minutes twice a day to walk. These are my mental health breaks. I do a little more than 1/2 mile every morning and every afternoon.  Its good for the body and the mind.

I have been battling a bug, but I don't have the luxury of taking time off right now. It just is what it is.  During my winter break, I will sleep -- a lot. We do a plant-wide shut-down for 2 weeks at xmas. 

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

Most Active