Shopping NSV -- Black Friday -- and so happy !

BriarRose
on 11/25/11 3:22 am
I have two events in December that I need to attend, and need to wear a skirt/dress for each.  I bought 2 skirts in June, when I was interviewing for jobs, but they are now too big; and were summer-y anyway....so I decided to help stimulate the economy and hit the Black Friday sales at 4:00 am this morning !!! 

MY BIG NSV DAY:

1.  needed new shoes as all mine were WIDE widths and I can't wear them anymore !!!
TODAY, I BOUGHT 4 PAIR OF SHOES ALL MEDIUM WIDTH -- AND EVERY PAIR I TRIED ON FIT - NO MUFFIN TOP ON THE SHOES ANYWEHRE !!!

2.  15 months ago I was wearing a size 26/28 Woman Plus. 
TODAY, I BOUGHT A DRESS, SKIRT, AND 2 TOPS ALL IN SIZE 14 PETITE !!!!!

I took myself out to breakfast at 7am, inbetween shopping and ordered (because it sounded so good !) Hearty Oatmeal with fruit and 2 slices of turkey bacon. 

HELLO ? !!!  I ordered myself oatmeal and tkey bacon when there was pancakes on the menu. I am 55 years old, and I don't think I have ever ordered a healthy breakfast out before !  I ate less than half the bowl of oatmeal, cut up the apples and tossed the berries in the cereal, and nibbled 1 and a half pieces of the turkey bacon. 

I was in awe of myself.  How much has changed in the past 15 months since I started my pre-op changes and this journey.   I still cannot believe I am wearing a size 14 petite !!!!  UNREAL !!

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
BethR311
on 11/25/11 4:34 am - Fort Wayne, IN
So happy for you! I hope I can be as successful as you!

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
ruggie
on 11/25/11 11:17 am - Sacramento, CA
Congrats on your NSVs!  I used to have to buy wide shoes as well... terrific feeling, isn't it?

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

atlanta_living
on 11/25/11 11:58 am
So proud of you!  Great job & congrats on the size 14 petites!!  Time for a pic in your new duds!

~Helen~
“You can suffer the pain of change or suffer remaining the way you are.?  ~Joyce Meyer~

Ht 5'0" /Consult Wt: 214 /Surg Wt: 205 /Goal Wt: 125 / Current Wt: 119       
gonersmom
on 11/25/11 2:34 pm
Congrats! You are an inspiration!

It amazes me how life is so much better post VSG. I go out for breakfast or lunch for the social aspect...gotta love living in a small town! I can go out nearly every day for one 'meal' for a week and the amount of $ I spend is less than what one meal pre-vsg cost!

Best wishes...and BTW...you are mighty brave to do the Black Friday thing. I personally would rather have all my teeth pulled through my nose! LOL

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
Lisa D.
on 11/27/11 10:44 am - New Orleans, LA
Way to go sleeve sister!!  I see that your new addiction is going to be fashion! 
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views