Found one thing I can't eat....

Jasonm11
on 11/27/11 1:44 pm
My mom made a chocolate 'pound' cake for desert today.  I skipped it earlier but she sent some home in our togo bag for the wife and I.  Albeit I have destroyed my diet these past few days with the best homeade full fat and sugar cheesecake(had a good 1/4 cheese cake since last Wednesday), I figured what the heck, my mom made it, I'll try it.  Let me first say this is the first real full flour cake I've had in 9 months.  I took two small bites, together about the size of a large grape....golf ball maybe....iunno.....   It held in my throat for a good 3 hours now before on about the 10th attempt I was able to get it to come back up.  And the worst part is I was dying of thirst when I got the cake piece.  I actually was making a drink when I saw it and thought, my mom will be asking what I thought so I better try a bite.  Then it has been stuck for so long, my water is now hot and I'm dry as a bone all because of that stupid piece of cake......

So yea, I have more reasons to avoid cake.....and this was the first time I have puked in about 4 months....since trying a bite of my brothers hamburger with bun and all.  1 small bite of the white flour bread made me puke....so maybe white flour just doesn't liike my tummy....I'll just avoid it from now on....no health benefits to it anyway....the only grains I'll have now are whole wheat and the like....on rare occasions....

HW(2-19-11) - 375    SW(3-9-11) - 362.5    CW - 204    GW - 220
Reached 100 pounds lost from highest weight at 3.5 months post-op!!!
Reached 100 pounds lost since surgery weight at 4.75 months post-op!!!
Jenijeni
on 11/27/11 7:58 pm
Don't take offense to this, please, as no offense is intended... but, maybe you need to have a talk with your mom about what she's offering you! I mean, why would your mom send CAKE home with you? She does understand that you've had WLS and that you're not supposed to eat cake, right? We all try things that we probably shouldn't, but it sounds like she might be sabotaging your weight loss.

Just an opinion. Stay away from that cake!!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

howarli
on 11/27/11 10:11 pm - MD
I know this is a lifestyle change..........but not suppose to eat cake ever ever again?  I'm not a hugh sweet fan so maybe I just don't get it.

RhondaLynn
on 11/28/11 2:01 am
I am not a huge sweet fan.... but when I want something sweet I want something sweet!!!

I also have a couple of small bites of cake over the holiday.  it went down fine and it satisfied the urge.  I don't plan to become a total non-sweet eater.. I have this smaller stomach for a reason... to only eat a bit or two of something "forbidden"!!!

Rhonda
Jasonm11
on 11/28/11 2:05 am
Yea, I'm with you.  I have no intention of never eating sweets.  Thats just stupid.   Sorry to anyone who wishes to avoid them.  I had surgery to lead a more normal life.  Normal people eat sweets in normal quantities at normal times.  I use to eat sweets in any quantity at any time.  I no longer do and am no longer able to do so.  Hence, I am more normal now.  My 150 lbs of weight loss says I'm doing fairly well at this so if someone wants to ban sweets, so be it.  I'm not. 

Jenijeni
on 11/28/11 3:08 am
What is a "normal" quantity of sweets?? I have friends (the skinny *****es) who don't eat ANY sweets at any time. I know that I was overweight BECAUSE of my addiction to carbs/sweets.

I wasn't suggesting that you avoid all sweets forever, but there are better choices to be made, right? I made a sugar-free pecan pie for T-day. Tasted great. But I gave the rest of it away after that night so I wouldn't be tempted to have more the next day... too many carbs.

Your post suggests that you are a carb-junkie too! Just be careful as you leave the post-op honeymoon phase. VSG is not a fix for everything. You still have to make good choices and I can't imagine that several slices of cheesecake over a few days is such a good choice! LOL! (I love cheesecake, BTW)

Stay happy, stay healthy and keep dropping those pounds! Good luck to you!!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

mandyc1975
on 11/28/11 3:51 am - Richardson, TX
VSG on 09/20/11 with
I didn't eat any sweets over thanksgiving but my birthday was a few days ago and at work we get a birthday cake once a month for all the employee birthdays. I did have a couple of small bites of that. I barely ate any icing but the cake was pretty good. I don't plan to do it often and that was actually the first sweet thing I've eaten since surgery 2 months ago. The way I figure it, if I'm really craving something then I'll have a bite of it and stop there. Those are things I need to learn to do anyway. Once I reach my goal, I want to be able to have a couple of potato chips or a small bite of candy and stop there. I want to be able to enjoy food the way "normal" people do. I am aware this is a lifestyle change and I intend on having a good, healthy relationship with food and I am pleasantly surprised that I'm heading in the right direction.

I only wish I had that good of a relationship with exercise.
Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

9/4 (pro op) 299 lbs - 9/20 (surgery day) 285 lbs - 10/4 268 lbs - 11/7 251 lbs- 12/8 239 lbs - 1/9 222 lbs - 2/7 214 lbs - 3/3 202 lbs - 3/19 194 lbs ... 9/20/2012 - 142 lbs
Jmf0193
on 11/28/11 6:06 am - TX
I ate PUMPKIN PIE and freakin loved every minute of it! Am I eating it now? NO! I know when and what I can do. I would not have been able to do that before surgery! Dr. Stewart told us this would work because we failed at Dieting. I say eat your bite of Cheesecake when your sweet Mama makes it!

Jodi
Jasonm11
on 11/28/11 6:49 am
Hey now, I made the cheesecake....momma made the chocolate cake....which didn't even taste good....but that cheesecake was my doing lol....

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 35 views