Insatiable hunger today...why???

tillmadd
on 12/4/11 11:32 am - WI
 Ok today...i have had a large appetite. Of course I have only had tiny portions but I feel like every 2 hours i am a bit hungry. Maybe because I am watching football today? My sleeve should not have grown...Here is my intake today: B: 2oz soft cheese +4 crackers
                                                           S: protein drink+ ! babybel cheese circle+1/2 yogurt
                                                            L: 2 oz tuna salad +3 oz of cheesy chicken soup
                                                            S: 2 tbs p butter +4 crackers
                                                            D: 1/2 greek pomegranate yogurt
                                                            S: string cheese

Should i have a day like this....I  just realized I am pre-menstrual....does that affect your appetite post-op? I will be at the gym tomorrow to work off the calories, hopefully this will get me back on the routine. 
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

acbbrown
on 12/4/11 11:44 am - Granada Hills, CA
Acid could be the problem. Are you on a PPI? Even if you are, try some tums when you feel really hungry.

Im not sure why you are eating crackers - I guess if you're doc said it's ok, then more power to him, but it's nothing but simple carbs and you really need to be focusing on protein at this point. I could snack on them all day and never feel full.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

SuzanneR
on 12/4/11 11:35 pm - Randolph, NJ
Why doe acid make us hungry? I'll be having my surgery on 12/29 and want to learn what I can. I have never heard of that and I'm an RN. Does it have to do with the sleeve only?

sleevegirl
on 12/4/11 11:46 am - Austin, TX
Calorie wise and food wise at one month out, you look okay to me. I can definitely eat more when I'm around that time. Also, I can eat more just as a rule sometimes than others. You maybe should not be hungry though... taking a PPI?

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

tillmadd
on 12/4/11 11:51 am - WI
 Yes I am on a PPI but just started 3 days ago, my NUT suggested small crackers to calm stomach, i am thinking it is because of my hormonal time of the month!
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

DeniseV
on 12/4/11 8:05 pm - NH
Actually, I had hunger since a few days after my surgery. Some of us aren't lucky enough to lose our hunger
*Lap RNY on 8/11/04
**Highest/day of surgery/current**
       268 lbs/ 232 lbs / 109 lbs! 
Plastics (Belt-lipectomy (LBL) and Medial Thigh Lift scheduled for 2/2/09.

kimbethin
on 12/4/11 2:19 pm - CA
hormones and pms really seem to increase my appetite.  maybe that is part of it.  I try to beat it by drinking a lot of liquids
putting one foot in front of the other...        
ruggie
on 12/4/11 2:36 pm - Sacramento, CA
So... how many grams of carbs are you eating on that diet?

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/11 2:43 pm
I see two possible culprits here:PMS and carbs.  Both of these increase my hunger tremendously.  When I eat low carb for a week or so, my hunger almost totally disappears.  That is to say unless it is my TOM, in which case, stand back or I might just eat you.
vacationlover
on 12/4/11 8:05 pm
Most Active